PDA

View Full Version : Cage or not to Cage?

rob7233
06-15-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm in the process of having a trailer built and have never had one with a front cage setup. Thinking of having one done that's 24" x 24" mesh which would open in the front. Yeh, the extra storage would be nice but a friend (LCO) said they are huge windbreaks and just kill your gas mileage (it's crappy already). He also said he knew of a couple of guys that took them off.

What is your experience with the open mesh cages ?? Should I have one put on or will I be sorry?

pclawncare
06-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I have a mesh cage on mine and i love it i dont know what i would do with my tool box trimmer line chainsaw gas cans and other od things i carry around with me. As for the windbreak i can not attest to that as my trailer also 4' mesh sides also

Lynden-Jeff
06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
I think a mesh cage would drive me nuts. Just have racks and a toolbox on the front. We have a spool holder for the trimmer line, the toolbox for tools and straps and anything else just hangs around at the front of the trailer.

Cheers
Jeff

ed2hess
06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Cage works just fine with it swinging down in the front. One thing to keep in mind is the 24" is a little short for some big blowers. And I would like to have some type of plastic base in the bottom to make blowers slide in easier. It would also be good to have a second shelf on one half of the cage to put stuff like hedge trimmers and chain saw. I built a temp. second shelf out of wood that kinda works.Just put the cage high enough to allow the front of mowers to slide under it....don't want it too high. It is easy to sit the blower on when taking it off you back.

verant
10-03-2007, 04:11 PM
does anyone have any pictures of their cage or where to get them

wahlturfcare
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
i prefer not to have a cage one the front as they add alot of weight and i cant store my 36 sideways up front then. Plus all my saws, cans, etc.. are on racks on the side of the trailer. You can built a cage fairly easily, but if not www.rackem.com makes one you can look at. I think buyers has one also and should be on Northern tools website.

jrc lawncare
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
does anyone have any pictures of their cage or where to get them.......Couple pics of one of ours..........http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/jrservices/trailerpic1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/jrservices/scan0002.jpg

Runner
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Your link goes to a site for video game cheat codes.