PDA

View Full Version : Funniest meeting yet

taproot
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
We take care of a elderly retirement community where everyone thinks they are in charge. A call comes in from the now former president of the association stating that he has retired himself from the board due to all the bs he has been dealing with and we need to have a meeting with the new president to go over the contract (even though it's been gone over 7 times in the past 5 months). He says "The new presidents name is Dick and his name says alot about him so be prepared. The residents are very pleased and have no complaints about the work being done." Show up for the meeting and meet with the new president (Dick), the former president and another member on the board. Dick says he doesnt think we are fullfilling our contract and is not satisfied with the work we are doing. Former president chimes in and says he hasnt heard any complaints from the residents and everyone has said they were pleased with the service. Talk goes on for a bit and Dick says that the bushes around the pool are getting overgrown and havent been kept up (our meeting is in the pool area). When Dick was asked where the growth was, he pointed out 2 sprigs maybe 1/2 inch long growing through the fence. The former president made a few comments with a few words I wont say here and so did Dick. Next thing you see and hear is 2 elderly men in their late 60's early 70's in a shoving match yelling loud at each other for (litterally) 5 minutes until Dick was shoved to the ground and the other board member broke it up. The meeting went on after that but it was very hard to be serious. Meeting ended and not much was solved and havent heard anything yet. If this type of behavior continues, I just may try to renew the contract just for the entertainment factor of it.

Lynden-Jeff
06-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Sounds like the old president is the man, id stay on his good side lol.

Cheers
Jeff

sheshovel
06-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Old people are very very funny sometimes! You shoulda jumped in there and broken it up!

maintenanceguy
06-16-2007, 09:45 AM
I worked as the maintenance director for several nursing homes for a few years.

There were these two old black gentlemen in wheel chairs that spent all day together but argued constantly. Sometimes the arguments would get heated and the nursing staff would ask them to go their separate ways unitl they cooled off.

One day, they were arguing about who-knows-what and these two guys in their upper 80's pulled up next to each other other, wheel to wheel, and started swinging. This wasn't some shoving and intimidation, this was an all out fist fight. Both men made contact several times before the nurses got a hold of them and rolled them apart.

Bigray
06-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Too Funny!!!

GreenN'Clean
06-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Old people love to complain about anything, thats all they have to do

RedMax Man
06-16-2007, 01:07 PM
How about the ones the repeat the same stories everytime you see them or go over how they want things done everytime. Some are too picky, others are too funny, a few can just be a pain sometimes.

fiveoboy01
06-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Eh I don't mind the elderly too much. Occasionally they'll be odd, but that's just how they are I think. Occasionally they're real jerks, just want to be mad at everything, don't know why that is or what causes it...

I do have one customer, I'm sure she's in her 70s, I was mowing and she said that "I want you to also cut this down"...

An old garden that I hadn't mowed at all, full of tall weeds, because it wasn't a turf area. So I trimmed it, took all of 2 minutes.

The thing that irked me is she couldn't even ASK me to do it. Just TOLD me that she wanted it done. I'm carefully watching for any other red flags at this point but she's been a fine customer otherwise for the last year.