PDA

View Full Version : Where's the rain?

nobagger
06-15-2007, 09:41 PM
At this point I'll take anything. We had a good storm last week but it just down poured for about 30 minutes, so it pretty much ran down the storm drains. I bet 75% of my lawns a yellow/green to just basically straw. We haven't even cut anything below 3.5 inches since day one.

lawncare18
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I feel your pain... being in the golf course buz.. i drive around all day watching the grass and the greens 7 days a week.. we are pumping water everynight but we need some help.. rough is toast and the lawns I do on the side are almost all brown and its not even july.. the rate we are going things will be dirt bye august.. but guys down south are even worse so I wont complain to much....

T.E.
06-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Man I'd love to give you some of our rain. It has rained 4 days this week and it is supposed to be this way for two more weeks before we get out of the wet spell! I surely hope they are wrong. The lawns are so wet you can barely walk across them without tracking them up. Later, Tony

fiveoboy01
06-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Same here. Been very hot and not a hint of rain for over a week now.

My lawn's doing fine cause I break out the sprinklers, and the irrigated and fertilized lawns are staying green. Everything else is starting to turn brown:(

I'm going to be skipping quite a bit here soon. They're calling for rain(a CHANCE) one day in the next 5 days:cry:

YukonG
06-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Man I'd love to give you some of our rain. It has rained 4 days this week and it is supposed to be this way for two more weeks before we get out of the wet spell! I surely hope they are wrong. The lawns are so wet you can barely walk across them without tracking them up. Later, Tony

I hear you. It's hard to cut flooded grass.

dbroken64
06-16-2007, 07:49 AM
I hear you. It's hard to cut flooded grass.

Yeah!! So wet that I cannot use the wildcat and have to use the walkbehind in most yards. They get kinda angry when they see me bogged down in the yard.:hammerhead:

T.E.
06-16-2007, 01:26 PM
We tried to cut Thurs. and again Sat. morning. The lawns are so wet We're leaving tracks with just are feet. The ones we did manage to get done looked like crap, and take twice as long to do. I'm fed up with the rain. We're about 50 to 60 lawns behind right now.:mad:

jkingrph
06-16-2007, 01:58 PM
3" for the 24 hours ending last night. Probably that much more this morning.

Last year we were in a drought that started in the summer of 05, with not much rain starting until early winter this year. After that I'm not complaining but wish some of the folks east and north could have a bit of it, we don't need anymore right now.

hess
06-16-2007, 02:08 PM
it alway's gose north or south never in the middle!

Ducke
06-16-2007, 02:55 PM
NoBagger
I would love to put some clouds in a container and ship them down to you. Its been Rain, Fog, overcast and YUK for about three weeks plus Can't get the weed spraying done can't mow Not much I can do other then work in the shop and wait. my lawns are looking like Hay fields.

Stop the rain already I give up *trucewhiteflag*

tacoma200
06-16-2007, 03:02 PM
We're in the worst drought for this time of year in decades. Just bought a new ZTR , used wb, and a back up truck this year. I'm in it for the long haul though. There are going to be times like this and you just have to tough it out. I'm thinking long term. Looks like I need to diversify a little for slow times. Glad I have a factory job at night, I would hate to be a full timer right now.

Scagguy
06-16-2007, 03:54 PM
The rain is down here. Last year we were hurting for rain. We are about 10" over normal rain fall amount for the year. Got about 1.5 inches last night and more on the way. It's playing havoc with our scheduling, but at the same time I'd rather be in this posistion than you folks that are suffering the effects of no rain. I hope that changes for you really soon.

mountianview
06-16-2007, 06:30 PM
hot and dry upstate ny ,sprinklers going 24\7 garden looks good,lots a sun.