PDA

View Full Version : LawnSite Product Line?

Supper Grassy
06-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Has anyone ever thought about a Lawnsite product line? this may include such items as
Mugs
hats
pens
shirts
ear protection
saftey glasses
work pants
stickers
water coolers
or items like that

KS_Grasscutter
06-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't mind a hat, and definitely would put some lawnsite window decals on my trucks.

Supper Grassy
06-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I think that once you reach so many posts you get a LawnSite decal pack. or if cost effictive on your birthday get an item . . .

We need more peoples opions

MJS
06-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I think that once you reach so many posts you get a LawnSite decal pack. or if cost effictive on your birthday get an item . . .

I don't neccessarily think that that is a good idea, 'cause people will start posting in monosyllables just to earn prizes. I think if you are going to give anything away, it should be for how long you are a member, not how many posts you make. Just my 2cents.

Uranus
06-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I got the lawnsite pool liner. Looks sharp.

Supper Grassy
06-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't neccessarily think that that is a good idea, 'cause people will start posting in monosyllables just to earn prizes. I think if you are going to give anything away, it should be for how long you are a member, not how many posts you make. Just my 2cents.

After i thought about it i have to agree, people will go post happy,

NewHorizon's Land
06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Lawnsite window decals would be cool as well as mugs, and safety equipment

LindblomRJ
06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Perhaps offer it as items for sale.

Would I buy into something like this? doubtfully. It would be an addition to the business of the website.

Supper Grassy
06-16-2007, 09:47 PM
LiadblomRJ
Thanks for the imput,we need more people's ideas and oponions

LindblomRJ
06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
It might be something they could market or distribute through mow parts or one of those sponsors maybe.

Not certain what it takes to develop your own brand label or anything like that. Never had that pleasure when I owned my retail operation.

Supper Grassy
06-17-2007, 06:53 AM
It may be alot of work to get it going but look at the positive, Lawnsite gets money for all the sales so we can have udated things, and if they thought about adding thr sponsoers on the shrirts then they get money form that as well

TN Property Services
06-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I agree, would def. make some extra cash for the site, and I would p/u a few things.
The Diesel Place (another site I am a memebr of) has DP Gear consisting of shirts, and window decals that have the web address on them and they seem to sell pretty well.

DLCS
06-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Do you really want your customers coming here, and reading some of these threads?

Charles
06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Do you really want your customers coming here, and reading some of these threads?

Ya, I am sure they would be comforted by the fact that many lco look in their windows and whiz in their bushes:laugh:

TN Property Services
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM

What exactly in this thread is this aimed at? We were just discussing some ideas of Lawnsite maybe selling some ink pens, shirts, stickers, etc....

Nobody said anything about defacing property, peeing on the dogs' head or giving the Ferrari one up the tailpipe.:rolleyes:

DLCS
06-17-2007, 03:11 PM
What exactly in this thread is this aimed at? We were just discussing some ideas of Lawnsite maybe selling some ink pens, shirts, stickers, etc....

Nobody said anything about defacing property, peeing on the dogs' head or giving the Ferrari one up the tailpipe.:rolleyes:

This forum was designed for green industry proffesionals. When you drive around town with Lawnsite.com stickers plastered on your trucks, you are promoting this site to the wrong people. Read through some of the threads and you will see things that some might not want their customers to see. Also, not really hard to find out who is who and who said what. I know some members post coments that I would be down right emarrassed to be read by my customers. Like many of us, we do this sort of thing for a living, not beer money, so this is a little different than the diesel place or any other site. Yes, your customers can find this site by search but why make it easy for them. But then again this site isn't what it used to be either.

DLCS
06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Ya, I am sure they would be comforted by the fact that many lco look in their windows and whiz in their bushes:laugh:

Those lco's that don't know where to piss and crap when out working. lol The ones that take a peek at the customers daughter while she is sunbathing on the patio. Oh and don't forget the ones who have posted pics of minors. :rolleyes:

Supper Grassy
06-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I am not saing plaster lawsite on everything but give people the option the buy items they may want or need.

TN Property Services
06-17-2007, 04:07 PM
This forum was designed for green industry proffesionals. When you drive around town with Lawnsite.com stickers plastered on your trucks, you are promoting this site to the wrong people. Read through some of the threads and you will see things that some might not want their customers to see. Also, not really hard to find out who is who and who said what. I know some members post coments that I would be down right emarrassed to be read by my customers. Like many of us, we do this sort of thing for a living, not beer money, so this is a little different than the diesel place or any other site. Yes, your customers can find this site by search but why make it easy for them. But then again this site isn't what it used to be either.

Didn't really think of some of the other threads, (and I wasn't trying to be an ******* with my post), but I do see your point and I agree.

I also see Supper Grassy's point of maybe having a few items available for purchase to help promote the site and provide for server, software, and hardware upgrades, etc....

Supper Grassy
06-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, say i want safety glasses i dont want LawnSite across my view, i want to buy them from lawnsite to help iwth upgrades and things like that. mabey a T-shirt with the sponsors name on the back or something.

americanlawn
06-26-2007, 06:12 PM
How 'bout a 2008 Lawn Site calendar featuring "hot" female customers???? I know I'd buy one, or two, or three..........LOL just an idea

Dano50
06-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I think they should sell Fluid Film Baseball caps.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :hammerhead: