PDA

View Full Version : New Firestone Air Shocks!!!

02DURAMAX
06-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I bought the new air shocks for my truck.....I love them....Ill post some more pic's as soon as i can.....if anyone has questions about them let me know...:rolleyes:

JDWalkbehind
06-15-2007, 11:56 PM
oh man i bet that will ride nice now. how they workin out? do you like them so far?

02DURAMAX
06-15-2007, 11:58 PM
oh man i bet that will ride nice now. how they workin out? do you like them so far?

I love them.....I drove 80miles with them today and have a very soft ride....

mike33087
06-16-2007, 04:55 PM
what are they like with a plow hanging off the front?

RedMax Man
06-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Are those for carrying heavy loads or just regular driving?
My dad is looking for something for his truck's rear suspension so it doesn't sag so much when he is pull his enclosed trailer.
Would those solve the problem?

jce4isu
06-16-2007, 09:35 PM
what did those set you back?? if you dont mid me asking

LindblomRJ
06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Let us know how they hold up. I have briefly toyed with the idea a couple of times.

What sort of effort is needed to adjust the air pressure?

02DURAMAX
06-17-2007, 01:04 AM
what are they like with a plow hanging off the front?

I have not put the plow on...I just got them yesterday but i cant wait..

Are those for carrying heavy loads or just regular driving?
My dad is looking for something for his truck's rear suspension so it doesn't sag so much when he is pull his enclosed trailer.
Would those solve the problem?

This kit is only for GM Trucks to help out the front...but i know they make air shocks for the back of most any vehical..

what did those set you back?? if you dont mid me asking

I paid about $550 with tax..

Let us know how they hold up. I have briefly toyed with the idea a couple of times.

What sort of effort is needed to adjust the air pressure?

to fill them up is just like putting air in a tire..

RedWingsDet
06-17-2007, 02:20 AM
I have firestone airbags in the rear of my silverado. They add like 5k lbs to the capicaty, it doesnt sag with ANYTHING, even two wet heavy pallets of sod, which is 1400sq ft. plus my trailer and dump insert. I just add 110lbs of presure in them and its great.

I love mine, I will prolly get what youhave in the front for plowing.

But I only paid like 189 with shipping for mine.

ATL Lawn
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
what kind of weight can they hold?
i need sometihng new cause i put around a pallet of sod on my truck almost daily

02DURAMAX
06-21-2007, 01:47 AM
what kind of weight can they hold?
i need sometihng new cause i put around a pallet of sod on my truck almost daily

you can hold alot more weight with air shocks.....Go on this website www.Trucksprings.com thats were i bought mine and they also sponser in plowsite..

salopez
06-21-2007, 08:54 AM
those look great..I am looking at going with a full set with onboard compressor to pump them up and run the pacbrake I am putting on the truck!

grasswhacker
06-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I love them.....I drove 80miles with them today and have a very soft ride....

The HDs are such a stiff suspension that it shakes the stuffing out of me on bumpy roads. Have you noticed a significant difference in the ride on rough areas?

02DURAMAX
06-21-2007, 01:10 PM
The HDs are such a stiff suspension that it shakes the stuffing out of me on bumpy roads. Have you noticed a significant difference in the ride on rough areas?

The feel much better than the stock ones i had....and a higher speeds the feel alot softer...but at lower speed it does get a bit bumpy at times...

02DURAMAX
06-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Here are some more pics of the truck.....

02DURAMAX
06-22-2007, 04:43 PM
few more.....:usflag:

South Florida Lawns
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Now thats a mean looking tire on that truck! looks good I will have to look into those air shocks.

GLS
11-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Nice!

I have been thinking about getting these since they came out like a year ago, but nobody has them yet! I have been waiting for someone to try them out.

Please post when you get a chance to hang the plow off of the front end. Our duramax sags a bit with our plow and i'd like to help that if possible. We have airlift bags on the rear and they are great.

How much lift do you get with these with no load? And is that with or w/out the t-bars cranked?

02DURAMAX
11-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Nice!

I have been thinking about getting these since they came out like a year ago, but nobody has them yet! I have been waiting for someone to try them out.

Please post when you get a chance to hang the plow off of the front end. Our duramax sags a bit with our plow and i'd like to help that if possible. We have airlift bags on the rear and they are great.

How much lift do you get with these with no load? And is that with or w/out the t-bars cranked?

I don't have any pic's of it with the plow yet but when i put it on it...it went down only about an 1"....ass so as i put the plow on again i'll post some pic's...the plows at my shop..

Lynden-Jeff
11-24-2007, 09:26 AM
I have firestone airbags in the rear of my silverado. They add like 5k lbs to the capicaty, it doesnt sag with ANYTHING, even two wet heavy pallets of sod, which is 1400sq ft. plus my trailer and dump insert. I just add 110lbs of presure in them and its great.

I love mine, I will prolly get what youhave in the front for plowing.

But I only paid like 189 with shipping for mine.

So 7000lbs in the bed PLUS a trailer in what series truck? Are you nuts? If you got caught with that around here it would take you 10 years to pay off all the fines, if they didn't take your truck. That is being ridiculously over weight, not to mention irresponsible even for a 3500. Not trying to be a ass that just seems nuts :dizzy:.

WildRidge
11-24-2007, 04:25 PM
For those of you guys interested in getting these for your GM truck PM me and I'll give you a website and discount code where they will cost $320.00 but it is only good till the end of this year.

RedWingsDet
11-25-2007, 12:39 AM
So 7000lbs in the bed PLUS a trailer in what series truck? Are you nuts? If you got caught with that around here it would take you 10 years to pay off all the fines, if they didn't take your truck. That is being ridiculously over weight, not to mention irresponsible even for a 3500. Not trying to be a ass that just seems nuts :dizzy:.

im not an idiot, i dont go over weight that much, and pretty much never go overweight at all. I was just telling everyone what they are rated for and how mine does with sod.

02DURAMAX
11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
I'll be buying the firestone rear air bags soon...:weightlifter::weightlifter:

02DURAMAX
11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Nice!

Here are the pic's of the truck...sorry for the night pic's...I'll get some day pic's tomorrow..only goes down about an inch...:)

Plow Down...
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/002DURAMAX/Duramax434.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/002DURAMAX/Duramax427.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/002DURAMAX/Duramax426.jpg

Plow Up..
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/002DURAMAX/Duramax433.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/002DURAMAX/Duramax432.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/002DURAMAX/Duramax431.jpg