PDA

View Full Version : Need to Sub out Palm Tree(s) install

rob7233
06-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Got a call from a LCO friend who wants me to meet with a HOA President next week for installation of two to four Canary Island date palms at their subdivision entrance. This is a bigger job that I'm accustomed to. How would I go about finding a good subcontractor to do this work? Where should I start calling? Any particular questions I need to ask besides experience, equipment and GL insurance? It's situations like this that give you an opportunity to grow, expand services and learn (hopefully not the hard way).

Although I haven't talked to her yet and looking at the potential site, I'm guessing she'll need some 30' specimens. I don't want to spend hours and hours chasing down the palms, prices and subs.

I just thought I try to get some direction here before I met with her.

hoskm01
06-16-2007, 05:11 AM
http://www.plantapalm.com/centralfl/links.asp

Check out the links on the top right. (Vendors)

yamadooski
06-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I can help you out Im in Tampa and thats all I do is Speciman Palms.
PM with your number.

I'll also send you a PM with my cell #.

rob7233
06-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks Paul for the info. I'll need to wait till I meet with her to see what she really wants.

To expand on this topic of locating and dealing with sub-contractors in my area - anyone have any suggestions on the best way of going about this? I know I've run into situations that I could have used a tree-trimming guy with a boom truck, irrigation guys (that really know what their doing), excavating/bobcat work, group of general laborers to put down sod and grade, etc, etc. Not to mention clients that ask for referrals to plumbers, electricains, tile guys, drywall etc.

yamadooski
06-18-2007, 10:16 PM
It takes time to find good sub contractors.

I can help you out with the Bobcat work such as grading, tree intsall, sod.
pavers.

We are large landscaping firm with a tree farm down south.

Where in central Florida are you. When you say central I always think of Orlando area.