PDA

View Full Version : Close call but About Time!!!!!

Bama Mower
06-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Im in northeast Alabama and it has rained a little 2 days in a row. I was mowing down by the river today and my front wheel got twisted up and didnt get back straight and it made my back tire catch a little mud and i started sliding down the hill(very small slope). My left front wheel seems like it takes a little longer to get back straight. What can i do to fix this problem? I thought i was going to have to bail off my ol Scag headfirst in the river. The man above was watching over me cause i hit a small piece of wood on the top of the seawall and it kept dry. Glad the rain came tho.

Sandgropher
06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
There seems to be a lot of reports of deaths lately, slideing down small slopes into the water, at least you are all right, if i owned one of these mowers i would practise bailing out over and over until i could do it in a few seconds, it could save your life.

It seems you broke all the rules> mowing when wet, mowing on a slope and mowing near water, glad you are still with us :)

BTW the makers of these mowers say always mow across not up and down the slope, but some folks say up and down is better ? not sure what the answer is ? what were you doing ?

on edit > you are glad the rain came ? it nearly cost you your life :laugh:

David C.
06-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Im in northeast Alabama and it has rained a little 2 days in a row. I was mowing down by the river today and my front wheel got twisted up and didnt get back straight and it made my back tire catch a little mud and i started sliding down the hill(very small slope). My left front wheel seems like it takes a little longer to get back straight. What can i do to fix this problem? I thought i was going to have to bail off my ol Scag headfirst in the river. The man above was watching over me cause i hit a small piece of wood on the top of the seawall and it kept dry. Glad the rain came tho.

I'm here in Central Alabama----Logan Martin Lake area----I'd pay big time to be able to mow grass in any area that does NOT have a slope

Some slopes are easy to judge----some--well, the area will deceive the eyes---one lawn I'm mowing---I started out on top of the slope----on my first pass I started slipping and slideing and spinning---and I'm thinking---"Lord!! I'm 25 yards from the lake and I'm already slipping---I wound up having to mow the slope with my 21"

One slope I have---I can't hardly stand up straight on it with my weed wacker and the gravel will have a tendency to "throw" you on the ground!! Know what I mean??

Give me yards that do NOT have slopes!!!

Allens LawnCare
06-16-2007, 07:41 AM

Sounds like a Job for Fluid Film....or a little grease....is it bent

Bama Mower
06-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Sounds like a Job for Fluid Film....or a little grease....is it bent

No it is not bent. I greased it Friday afternoon so im hoping that will help