PDA

View Full Version : Passing out flyers.

stevenf
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I just made some flyers and staples a business card to the top corner. My plans were to drive aroud to surrounding neighborhoods and tape a flyer to the doors on all of the houses where it obviously needs yard work. Is it worth it to do this or should I put flyers on every door?
I figured I need one yard a street and my trailer sign could pick up other customers.

SSS 18734
06-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I would put them on all the houses you can. You never know who might be looking to stop doing it themselves or switch to a better company. You can skip the ones that you can see are already very well-maintained by companies, though. Those houses are usually set for the year.

stevenf
06-16-2007, 03:23 PM
what about roadside signs? I heard that there is some law recently passed about them. I have the ones with the metal steaks to put in the ground. Where do yall usually put them so they dont get pulled?

stevenf
06-16-2007, 05:21 PM
my plans were to tape the flyers to the front door. Good idea or something else?

echeandia
06-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Tape? You didn't say how many flyers you have but you just doubled how long it will take you to put them all out. Also, why didn't you just include a phone number on the flyer? Stapling all of the cards to the flyers is another waste of time. Plus business cards are more expensive than flyers.

stevenf
06-16-2007, 06:42 PM
so no tape.... Where do you put them and how to you stick them to a door or such?

Im targeting elderly neighborhoods and very small community type neighborhood first which is why I put the business card on. they can put it on there fridge, or give it to someone they know.

gary6768
06-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Go hand them out in front of Walmart

echeandia
06-16-2007, 07:22 PM
so no tape.... Where do you put them ....

Slide them in between the door and the jamb. As an option you could have door hangers made and hang them on the door knob.