PDA

View Full Version : DBA question

BBL
06-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I plan on getting my DBA this week, but unsure of a few things.

first off is this the correct DBA registration form? http://www.michigan.gov/documents/cis_ofis_fis_0201_24134_7.pdf

And if so, what is a system ID and do I have to get that and/or my FEIN before my DBA?

thanks

Grass Happens
06-16-2007, 05:55 PM
In IL, you only need the DBA form from the court house and to place an annocement in a paper. If you are planning to have a payroll, and its over a certain amount, then you need the FEIN, but if its just you, you dont need to worry about it.

BBL
06-16-2007, 06:05 PM
It's just going to be me going solo for a while so I can wait on the FEIN then. Do you happen to know what the system ID is for? I am not sure if it's just a Michigan thing or what, but I am not sure what that even is. I am guessing I can wait on that until I get employees also? :confused:

69lt1bird
06-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Just go to the county clerks office in the county you want to do business in and tell them you want a DBA. They will have you fill out the paper work and they run the name you want through the system to see if it is taken. If your name is available, hand them $10.00 and you good to go for 5 years. I see you are in Oakland county, I am in Lapeer county, the process should be the same.