PDA

View Full Version : BS or the truth?

lsylvain
06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I picked up a new customer this week. Were were going to sign the contract today and I was going to mow and do some edging and clean up stuff. I get there and the property had already been mowed. So after driving way out of my way I'm pissed. Come home and shoot him an email and ask if he found someone else.

He calls me back and says that no they didn't find someone else, but when he got home from work yesterday the lawn was mowed. He thought I did it.

BS? or the Truth?

ahah
06-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Had that happen to us about 4 years ago. She signed the contract and we showed up to find the place being mowed right then. The person she had doing it had his phone disconnected and she couldn't get a hold of him. She paid us for his work and is still with us today.

RedMax Man
06-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd say its probably the truth. I'd go again next time its schedualed.

Sandgropher
06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
We are only guessing but i would say its likely he is telling the truth.:)

lsylvain
06-16-2007, 09:30 PM
he just shot me an email. He rents the propterty so he thinks that the rental company may have sent someone out. he is going to double check and see if the management company is supposed to take care of it.

fiveoboy01
06-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I usually assmue that most people do not have bad intentions.

In this case, I'd assume the truth unless there was some sort of evidence to prove otherwise.

outlaw1960
06-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I usually assmue that most people do not have bad intentions

Same here, patience is virtue. You will get to the bottom of this.....

Big Bad Bob
06-17-2007, 03:56 AM
I picked up a new customer this week. Were were going to sign the contract today and I was going to mow and do some edging and clean up stuff. I get there and the property had already been mowed. So after driving way out of my way I'm pissed. Come home and shoot him an email and ask if he found someone else.

He calls me back and says that no they didn't find someone else, but when he got home from work yesterday the lawn was mowed. He thought I did it.

BS? or the Truth?

i don't know. i had the experience of getting hired and then showing up to it being already mowed. she had fired her last "lawnboy" (crapsman tractor and electric "weed whacker"), because he wasn't reliable. his equipment kept breaking down. beer money kind of guy.
she hired us but nobody around here uses contracts.
went on the scheduled day, and it was scalped in places and uncut in others. a real mess. i talked to the homeowner and she said she thought it was us who mowed it :dizzy: and that she hadn't contracted with anyone else. yeah, right. "a couple of guys with a riding mower pulled up, and just mowed it and left." :dizzy:
i talked to one of the neighbors and was told that the day before we came, she had been in her driveway talking to a couple of guys in an s10 with a riding tractor hanging out the back. that someone recommended them after she already hired us and they charged half of what we do.
i guess she thought, "oh what the heck. half price? i'll give them a try." well, she got less than she paid for. i got $150.00 to straighten the yard out. she has never admitted to it and i haven't told her that her neighbor ratted her off. :)
all in all, good customer who has learned a valuable lesson.

Stillwater
06-17-2007, 05:22 AM
a customer of mine called and said she did not want the truegreen service anymore and asked me to do it. on the day i was going to do it she called and said truereen did it that am even after she canceled the service i would beleive him until i am shown other wize

Stillwater
06-17-2007, 05:25 AM
i don't know. i had the experience of getting hired and then showing up to it being already mowed. she had fired her last "lawnboy" (crapsman tractor and electric "weed whacker"), because he wasn't reliable. his equipment kept breaking down. beer money kind of guy.
she hired us but nobody around here uses contracts.
went on the scheduled day, and it was scalped in places and uncut in others. a real mess. i talked to the homeowner and she said she thought it was us who mowed it :dizzy: and that she hadn't contracted with anyone else. yeah, right. "a couple of guys with a riding mower pulled up, and just mowed it and left." :dizzy:
i talked to one of the neighbors and was told that the day before we came, she had been in her driveway talking to a couple of guys in an s10 with a riding tractor hanging out the back. that someone recommended them after she already hired us and they charged half of what we do.
i guess she thought, "oh what the heck. half price? i'll give them a try." well, she got less than she paid for. i got $150.00 to straighten the yard out. she has never admitted to it and i haven't told her that her neighbor ratted her off. :)
all in all, good customer who has learned a valuable lesson.

I don't work for liers period, to hell with the 150.00 it dont mean nutin