PDA

View Full Version : Super Z/25hp Kawasaki won't crank

darrelln
06-16-2007, 09:15 PM
We have 3 '06 Super Z's having the same problem. If you shut the engine off when warm, it will not restart (no crank). Sometimes it will click and sometimes you get nothing. Repeated turns of the key sometimes starts the engine. It will restart after if cools down. The Hustler dealer has serviced them over 6 times replacing the batteries, starter, solenoid, and condensors. They will usually work fine after they come out of the shop but within two weeks they are back in the same position. The last time in the shop, they installed some kind of wiring kit which was supposed to improve the voltage to the starter but we still ended up with the same results. Will someone please lead us in the right direction to get them fixed permanently so we can stop using push mowers to run our business? Our old bodies cannot take it any more. :(
Thanks

HenryB
06-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Run A DIRECT WIRE FROM THE KEY TO THE STARTER. Other fixes did not work for me. The starter needs more juice.

timmac
06-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I had a problem similar to that last year. they put an relay kit on it and fixed it.

gene gls
06-16-2007, 11:53 PM
I had a problem similar to that last year. they put an relay kit on it and fixed it.

I have gone through a few relays also with that same problem when hot.

Eric D
06-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Have them check the battery to frame ground and the engine ground. This includes the bolts holding the cables to the frame and to the engine block. This is one of the most overlooked causes of starting failures.

Best of luck,

Eric D