PDA

View Full Version : Ferris or Exmark?

kooba
06-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Hello all, I have been reading for many months. Started my own lawncare business this year with another buddy. We are both teachers and have 30 some accounts right now. We currently have a Simplicity Champion ZTR for this year. WE want to get another full commercial mower next year. WE have a 50 inch cut but want something maybe a tad smaller next year. WE are deciding on either an Exmark or Ferris. CAn anyone give me some idea on what model to start with and why of each brand. Thanks for all your help. Kooba.

dcgreenspro
06-17-2007, 02:39 AM
depending on the size of your accounts, I might suggest a 48 in. Exmark. It was my first big purchase about four years ago and still runs great. Since there is two of you, you could even buy two for the price of one larger zero turn. Much easier to work on, clean, replacement parts are cheaper, lays down a mean stripe,etc. I would look into that.

kooba
06-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks DCgreen. What type of motor should I be looking for in this length deck? I would need to get the bagging system also. Any recommendations on that also? What is the name of the model for the 48" deck? Thanks for your help. Any pros on the Ferris anyone in the 48" deck? kooba.

dcgreenspro
06-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I run the trivantage deck w/ high lifts over gators. I also have the ECS System instead of the pistol grips and much nicer, jmo. I believe it has a 15hp Kohler. I would set up for mulching systems instead of bagging.