PDA

View Full Version : Remote

Mike Paulsen
08-23-2001, 10:39 PM
For blowing out systems is there a remote you can put on any type controller box that you can change to the next valve when away from the box? It would save a lot of leg work.

gusbuster
08-24-2001, 02:35 AM
Yes,BUT expensive. I wouldn't go this route unless you're doing this all the time.

Said your from Idaho, if around the Boise area, check out "Horizon or United Green Mark". I can't remember which company is up that way, but either one could help you out with something that you're asking.

John

HBFOXJr
08-24-2001, 08:46 AM
REmote Control Technologies, Redmond, Washington.

Kit comes with transmitter & reciever, 1 permanent mount port and one port with alligator clips you can move from clock to clock.

About $850.00???

That's why I use Hunter clocks and their remotes.

RainBird RC controllers are bad because they have no terminal strip to clip to.

We are really spoiled by remotes now and almost hate to service a system without them.

Here's what we do. Adjust regulator on compressor to shutoff around 72-75 psi and operate at full open in the 50+ psi range.

We'll set and electronic clock to 3-4 minutes on the first zone allowing time to get to the compressor to turn on the air. All other zones are set to 2 min each except the last one can be anything greater than 2 minutes.

If it looks good after 2 min per zone we call it done. If not, we go back to the ones not cleared for an extra toot of air. Sometimes big spray zones with small nozzles a long distance away will take a bit longer.

While the system blows, we walk around zone by zone and make notes of any problems or potential problems that should be looked at in the spring.

Back at the office, that brief info is entered into the service required part of the customer record with a service date of Mar 1 of the next year.

It gives us a heads up on our schedule because many of our people start their own in the spring but do not repair things themselves.

greasemonkey
08-24-2001, 10:16 PM
If the system has a hydrosaver clock and a rainsensor that's wired into the rainsensor terminals on the clock, pressing the plunger in momentarily will cause the clock to advance to the next zone just as if you had pressed the advance button on the controller.

-J