PDA

View Full Version : Starting my lawn car, decks and landscaping

larold83
06-17-2007, 04:20 PM
ok here i go i now work for this millionaire i've been there for 5 years now and i've done it all mulched trimmed and main. bushes and plants cut grass repaired decks built steps pretty much you name it i done it so i wanna get out from the shell and do it my own cuz i am only getting paid 9 a hour and only bringing home like 200 a week. i made out business cards and planning on puting them at local business and hopefully word of mouth so it would help to hear the input from u guys so give a shout

echeandia
06-17-2007, 04:23 PM
You will need more than a business card.

lawnpro724
06-18-2007, 04:09 PM
running a business is alot harder than doing the work if you do it the correct way.

Your Lawn First
06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
IF all you think you need is a card then you better not leave your job yet and do you homework on this, there is a hell of a lot more to it then just doing the work. That is the easy part. Read this hole website first and then go back and put it all togeather but don't leave your job until you know you are ready, I can tell you know your not ready.

Turf Professionals Inc.
06-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I am not so sure that he has give enough information to determine if he is "ready" or not. I do agree that the work is the easy part. Before I started my business, I use to be able to get a full nights rest. Now days, I wake up just because I know that there is so much that I have to do so I wake up at 2 or 3am and go to the office. Every one is not like this, but I know several people who own a business and they do the same thing.
I know the first thing you want to do is order the Starter kit that sean provides in the Contract, agreements post. It is well worth the money! The second, do exactly what shawns stuff tells you to do! As far as equipment, do what you can. If you can afford to finance some, then do that but the best way is to buy used with cash IMO. More Overhead = less money.

The most important rule is DO NOT underbid yourself just to get a job! You are there to make money. If someone pay your price, move on. Eventually you will get the clients you want.

The second most important and rule is to make sure that you have all the appropriate insurance and licensing for your area. It can be different for each State, County, and City!

That should get you started. Hope it helps!

larold83
06-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I Just Got My Flyers All Layed Out And I Think They Look Pretty Good They Explain Every Thing Well What Other Things Can I Do To Get Business

Turf Professionals Inc.
06-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Word of Mouth is Huge! If you have friends, get them to market you to their friends. If you do not have friends/family, then get some!!! Good way to get the word out or at least get a little cash flow in.

larold83
06-20-2007, 06:16 PM
ok i already have my fictisous name or how ever you spell it all the paper work is filed and finalized what othe stuff do i need to do on that end or is that it