PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Requirments in Ohio???

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
06-17-2007, 10:26 PM
What are Licensing Requirments in Ohio the for a residential and commercial lawn business?
Thanks
Ryan

:confused:

2 clowns mowing
06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
i live in yellow springs and do work in springfield , fairborn, xenia and don't know of any license required except using chemicals

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-18-2007, 07:26 AM
In order to collect sales tax (a requirement in Ohio to be a legit co.) you need to register with the state and get a tax ID number.....

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
06-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info!
Ryan

nick-bigfootlawn
06-18-2007, 11:16 AM
In order to collect sales tax, you need a vendor's license. A tax-id doesn't authorize you to charge sales tax.

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-18-2007, 12:42 PM
you are right my mistake.....registering with the state = vendors license = ability to collect sales tax.......

daveintoledo
06-18-2007, 03:07 PM
reguster your business name with the state, get vendors license, liability insurance....get a dba and open bank account in business name.you need to be over 18 to do any of this.... check with any local laws too

Your Lawn First
06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
The only license you will need is if you are going to do chemicals if you are going to be putting down fert. and you use a spreader you don't need to have a license. everyone else is correct register with the state and get your vendor license and you should be good to go and get a good accountant and always have a lawyer on hand

toac
06-19-2007, 11:17 AM
if you are going to be putting down fert. and you use a spreader you don't need to have a license.

Is that true?

daveintoledo
06-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Is that true?

`you don not need a license for fert, but most of the products new start ups use, have pesticides in them... no scotts or any 4 step program, just fert only , which really does you no good....

toac
06-19-2007, 02:04 PM
`you don not need a license for fert, but most of the products new start ups use, have pesticides in them... no scotts or any 4 step program, just fert only , which really does you no good....

thanks for the info!

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-20-2007, 09:07 AM

I have taken advantage of this for new seed and sod installs. I tack on "starter" fert to the projects for a little added perk.....

toac
06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I have taken advantage of this for new seed and sod installs. I tack on "starter" fert to the projects for a little added perk.....

That's a good idea. I'll have to keep that in mind.

DRM - are you based out of Bellbrook or Centerville? I think I've seen you around.

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I live in Sugarcreek Township..

mielnicki
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
If you shoot me an email (mielnicki24@yahoo.com), I can forward all forms you'll need to be legal.
Mark :usflag:

Your Lawn First
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
IF you use a drop spreader or a rotary spreader you do not need any license in Ohio for any kind of fert. if you can buy it Home depot or Lowes and put it in a spreader you don't need a license.

mielnicki
06-22-2007, 03:44 PM
This is no needed for applying fertilizer. The only license in Ohio is if your going to manufacture it. The paperwork I was referring to was to start your business......... Log in to - http://business.ohio.gov/business_cycle/starting_business.shtml and follow the instructions to get all your needed forms.