PDA

View Full Version : mower tie downs

Uranus
06-18-2007, 02:06 AM
393.110 What else do I have to do to determine the minimum number of tiedowns?

In addition to the requirements of 393.106, the minimum number of tiedowns required to secure an article or group of articles against movement depends on the length of the article(s) being secured, and the requirements of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section.
When an article is not blocked or positioned to prevent movement in the forward direction by a headerboard, bulkhead, other cargo that is positioned to prevent movement, or other appropriate blocking devices, it must be secured by at least:
One tiedown for articles 5 feet (1.52 meters)or less in length, and 1,100 lbs (500 kg) or less in weight;
Two tiedowns if the article is:
5 feet (1.52 meters)or less in length and more than 1,100 lbs (500 kg) in weight; or
Longer than 5 feet (1.52 meters)but less than or equal to 10 feet (3.04 meters) in length, irrespective of the weight.
Two tiedowns if the article is longer than 10 feet (3.04 meters), and one additional tiedown for every 10 feet (3.04 meters) of article length, or fraction thereof, beyond the first 10 feet (3.04 meters) of length.

So if my exmark lazer is 9 1/2 ft with the bagger on this is telling me I need 2straps to tie it down on my open trailer. And another strap if it was 7 inches longer. Hope I dont get pulled over with the front wheels turned around in a reversed position. I've never had 2 straps on a zrt in my 8 years of mowing. Most of the time when in small neighborhoods I dont even strap it down. Check out this site. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/truck/vehicle/cs-policy.htm Lots of information to read through.