PDA

View Full Version : repos

cutbetterthanyou
06-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Does anyone no what happens to repo mowers . Do the dealers get them back sell them as used? Or do the finacee compnany auction or sell them? I was just thinking about this, this would probably be a inexpensive way to get a pretty new mower.

mike33087
06-18-2007, 06:26 PM
i bet its hard to repo a mower unless the lco gives it up, cause i know for damn sure they wouldnt be getting it out of my shop with out me giving it to them

sildoc
06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
finance companies get them. I go to an auction twice a year that has repo stuff. most of the time they are so run down and not worth the price of steel.

jpp
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
i bet its hard to repo a mower unless the lco gives it up, cause i know for damn sure they wouldnt be getting it out of my shop with out me giving it to them

I really don't think they can go into your locked shop to get it. Once out on the trailer it would be free game though. But they would need all the paperwork to show what the heck they are doing.

JP

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I thought when you finance one it's considered to be a unsecure loan (same as a credit card.) I have seen them turned back into the dealers but ragged out and the dealer still had to ask way too high.

Richard Martin
06-19-2007, 05:43 AM
I thought when you finance one it's considered to be a unsecure loan (same as a credit card.)

Nah, usually the finance company will go looking for the mower the same as they would a car.

lawnman_scott
06-19-2007, 07:23 AM
I really don't think they can go into your locked shop to get it. Once out on the trailer it would be free game though. But they would need all the paperwork to show what the heck they are doing.

JPIf they want it bad enough they will bring the sherriffs dept with them.

lawnman_scott
06-19-2007, 07:24 AM
finance companies get them. I go to an auction twice a year that has repo stuff. most of the time they are so run down and not worth the price of steel.I can see that. Most stuff being repoed isnt the best maintained stuff in the world.

jpp
06-19-2007, 10:18 AM
If they want it bad enough they will bring the sherriffs dept with them.

good point never really thought about them going that route. To get them involved you would be up a creek without a paddle that is for sure.

JP

Frontier-Lawn
06-19-2007, 10:38 AM

believe me i had a friends get his car repo'ed due to lost payments on the banks end.
locked iron gate & a locked garage they still got it :confused:

if they want it they'll get it

johnnywill08
06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
i just financed a mower thru advance acceptance llc.... when i wa looking at their site they mentiones something about selling repo'd equip. check it out.

max128
06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott
If they want it bad enough they will bring the sherriffs dept with them.

Sheriffs Dept usually want get involved in this kind of matter. Its a civil matter. They would only be there to keep things smooth. They woudn't force anyone to turn over a mower UNLESS its a COURT order

tallimeca
06-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I've gotten calls from finance companies asking me if i've seen so and so because they aren't paying and blah blah blah.

It irritates me because first of all, i have nothing to do with it. I sell the machine to the finance company , do all the paper work, then it's their problem.

Second, i don't think it's right that they are spilling the customer's dirty laundry to me. First thing I do is call the customer and tell them they are making calls telling people they aren't paying their bills. That usually gets them fired up good.

I've gotten calls also asking me if i'm willling to sell a unit if they repo it from a customer?

I said let me get this straight? You want to repo a unit that came from and and was financed from you, then, you want to drop it off at my shop so they customer can come down and see their mower for sale on my floor and don't see any problems with that? Thanks for the offer but i can find better ways of eating a **** sandwich.

I've honestly never head of any small scale mowing equipment getting repo'd. I can't see it being worth it for anything less than a full sized diesel powered Z.

txgrassguy
06-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I have seen many repo'd mowers around where my company operates.
Usually the original owner just gave up on working here as it can be a wee bit warm outside - today was okay it was only 94* with a heat index of 103*.
These guys start dropping like flies when it does get warm, say around 101* or so without the heat index.
Here in the state of Texas the repo company may commit a trespass to pick up equipment and are allowed a certain amount of property damage to do so - usually limited to cutting locks off trailers.
From what I have seen of some of these repo'd mowers I'd buy one with under 300 hrs on it. Thats all these whimps are good for.