Just got the new 07 48" wright Sentar Sport with a 19hp kawi and Rapid Height

Any Advice....info...striping...gas mileage
-thanks

fiveoboy01
06-18-2007, 08:25 PM
No advice but where are the pictures!

scag36
06-18-2007, 10:07 PM
its coming in on Friday so ill post them then cant wait for this thing i demoed it today and the thing is great its not underpowered like the 52"/19 its awesome and really comfortable believe it or not

jameson
06-19-2007, 12:21 AM
its coming in on Friday so ill post them then cant wait for this thing i demoed it today and the thing is great its not underpowered like the 52"/19 its awesome and really comfortable believe it or not

Okey dokey. . . be sure to post lotso' pics. What does the 48" Sport weigh in at? 19hp KAW KAI or FH580V?

scag36
06-19-2007, 10:45 PM
i will def. post them when i get it on friday

KC MOW
06-19-2007, 10:52 PM
When a Kawasaki engine model is a "KAI", what does the KAI stand for? Also how is the 52" under powered does it bog up hills or something? Also isn't there a 23HP model. Anyway I would be super pumped too. The seat looks cool.

scag36
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
so pissed off my dealer called today and said that they cant get it for 2 more weeks ive have never been so pissed

mkwl
06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Where are you getting it from? If it's not National on Rt. 17, try them, they had a Stander on the floor a few days ago when I was up there.

Turf Professionals Inc.
06-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Pics man! Where are the pics? That is like a hot super model rubbing all over you then walking away! Get the pics! Congratz on the new purchase though!

WJW Lawn
06-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Have any money left over for a camera? lol

scag36
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
i am going to national i am from mahwah where are you from??...they said that its so pupular that wright cant get one to national's distibutor until 2 weeks..and its not a stander its a sentar sport

FATWEASEL
06-20-2007, 11:44 PM
I've got a 19/48 Sentar RH with the regular Kawi, no baffles. I love it. The cut is great...not quite as good as the Turf Tiger but it's still a good cut and holy smokes can it move. The manueverability is awesome.

My only complaints are that it's easy to flood the motor or foul the plugs if you don't cut it off at full throttle and it gets pretty bouncy on rough surfaces at high speed. But, I'm comparing that to a machine that weighs 1.5 times as much and is more evenly balanced front to back.

The only other problems I've had was that the key fell out of the deck lowering shaft while I was mowing leaving a nice big scalped streak but thankfully it was my yard. I was ticked but it was a simple fix. One note of advice is to remove the coiled up tubing for draining oil and put it somewhere safe. I thought it looked secure so I left it on the mower. Apparently it wasn't so secure.:laugh: chop! chop! chop!

I originally was looking at a walk behind or a stander for some properties with hills and the need for a smaller deck. I'm glad I didn't get either one and went with the Sentar. It can climb some serious hills even with me sitting down.

I have contemplated front wheel weights for added assurance but just haven't found the need for them yet. The Sentar has good feedback when you push it to the limits and you can add a good bit of control by just using your body weight. Enjoy!

Andy

scag36
06-21-2007, 02:05 PM
thanks alot i needed some good input because it is so new that noone really has it .....how does it stripe fat weasel

mkwl
06-21-2007, 07:19 PM
i am going to national i am from mahwah where are you from??...they said that its so pupular that wright cant get one to national's distibutor until 2 weeks..and its not a stander its a sentar sport

I'm in Saddle River, I have been going to Rob at National since I started mowing, and have come to know him and the rest of the guys up there quite well. I'm surprised they couldn't get one in for 2 weeks- must be really popular! Maybe I'll see you up at National sometime keep an eye out for my truck- I drive a red 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD Reg cab long bed, and I'm always wearing a tan MKWL baseball hat. How many clients do you have?

scag36
06-21-2007, 11:10 PM
yeah im in mahwah and im setup for next year i have 12 for next year ive been using a scag 36" belt so im upgrading....rob said that they are the most bought machine ight now over there so wright is very backed up ....i get my liscense next year and im driving a 2001 chevy silverado 6.0L extended cab short bed and its peuter/tan...i will def. look out for you though ...thank god there is a person i can talk to that lives in my area!!

FATWEASEL
06-22-2007, 01:05 AM
I have very few yards with turf nice enough to leave really good stripes. Even my own yard sucks right now and my area is on water restrictions. I'm sure if you had nice thick turf it would stripe quite well.

scag36
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
all of my lawns are thick growing lawns

scag36
06-23-2007, 11:44 AM
anymore advice with the sentar....????

MTR999
06-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Is this Sentar the yellow one with awkward seat, kind a sit or stand combo? They said it is good on hill? how? I don't see how it is better than eXmark or Hustler hydro wb/sulky.

scag36
06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
yeh thats the one they say that they stick to hills like glue and a really quick machine

ed2hess
06-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I've got a 19/48 Sentar RH with the regular Kawi, no baffles. I love it. The cut is great...not quite as good as the Turf Tiger but it's still a good cut and holy smokes can it move. The manueverability is awesome.

My only complaints are that it's easy to flood the motor or foul the plugs if you don't cut it off at full throttle and it gets pretty bouncy on rough surfaces at high speed. But, I'm comparing that to a machine that weighs 1.5 times as much and is more evenly balanced front to back.

The only other problems I've had was that the key fell out of the deck lowering shaft while I was mowing leaving a nice big scalped streak but thankfully it was my yard. I was ticked but it was a simple fix. One note of advice is to remove the coiled up tubing for draining oil and put it somewhere safe. I thought it looked secure so I left it on the mower. Apparently it wasn't so secure.:laugh: chop! chop! chop!

I originally was looking at a walk behind or a stander for some properties with hills and the need for a smaller deck. I'm glad I didn't get either one and went with the Sentar. It can climb some serious hills even with me sitting down.

I have contemplated front wheel weights for added assurance but just haven't found the need for them yet. The Sentar has good feedback when you push it to the limits and you can add a good bit of control by just using your body weight. Enjoy!

Andy
Andy,
Your experience is just like ours....the darn Wright cuts just fine....then there are these other threads on lawnsite that the unit won't cut at all:hammerhead: I thougth maybe it was northern grass, but guess not. Our Sentar is the best unit we ever bought...they cant' get them into the dealer fast enough in our area.

scag36
06-23-2007, 08:04 PM
same here!!:realmad:

jsf343
06-23-2007, 09:06 PM
My problem is they don't have a dealer within a 2.5 hour drive!!! I couldn't believe it, a major freakin city and no dealers here?!!!!!?! I am sorry you are not getting it for another 2 weeks that is VERY frustrating, brand spankin new machine you are amped to get it into the field and try it out and they lay a dirty bird egg on you. One question for any of you... Do they have a stripe kit for the standers or senators? Even the idiot dealer didn't know when I called down there.

FATWEASEL
06-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Andy,
Your experience is just like ours....the darn Wright cuts just fine....then there are these other threads on lawnsite that the unit won't cut at all:hammerhead: I thougth maybe it was northern grass, but guess not. Our Sentar is the best unit we ever bought...they cant' get them into the dealer fast enough in our area.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. 19 hp is plenty of power for the 48" deck but I would like to try the 23 hp Kai on a 48".

Whatcha runnin'? Anything with baffles or a grass catcher?

Andy

scag36
06-24-2007, 07:07 PM
grass gobbler

scag36
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
waiting......waiting.......waiting

scag36
07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Its In The Dealer!!!!!!!!! It Will Be Delivered Tomaro I Will Def. Post Pics

KS_Grasscutter
07-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I would be way pissed off if I had to wait a MONTH to get a mower I ordered.

lifetree
07-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I would be way pissed off if I had to wait a MONTH to get a mower I ordered.

Me too ... way PO'd that is !!

AdamChrap
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
yeh thats the one they say that they stick to hills like glue and a really quick machine

So how much different is the sentar sport from the sentar? Because I did a demo of a sentar last year 52" not sure the HP but it didn't stick to hills at all and wanted to come back on me going up hills even when I was standing.

delphied
07-16-2007, 10:09 PM
so pissed off my dealer called today and said that they cant get it for 2 more weeks ive have never been so pissed

When I thought I wanted one, I had trouble with the Wright distributor. I dont mean to piss you off but maybe you should rethink this a little.

ed2hess
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. 19 hp is plenty of power for the 48" deck but I would like to try the 23 hp Kai on a 48".

Whatcha runnin'? Anything with baffles or a grass catcher?

Andy

Baffle over outlet full mulch all year long 17hp on 36" is a monster...at least it is to us.

scag36
07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
mower is there i have to pick it up on friday !!! the sentar sport is alot different the the sentar it does well on hills and a really nice cut (i demoed it) ....yeh im po'd that i had to wait but whatever its here now and im happy..ill post pics on friday for sure no lying like thar other thread

THRIFTY
07-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Pics Or Ban!!! :)

scag36
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
change of plans its gettin delivered today and there will be pics posted....just waitin for it now

scag36
07-18-2007, 03:16 PM
look at the thread ...Finally got it>>>