PDA

View Full Version : 36" belt drive vs quick 36

MeadowsLawnCare
06-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Whats going to be better. a 36" exmark belt drive or the quick 36? Was looking at a used exmark so price is not the deciding factor here. I want to know which one is gonna handle better most of all. I mow lots of hills.

irishsoul
06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Friends don't let friends use beltdrives!

PatriotLandscape
06-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a Scag 36 belt drive and it cuts better than our husq ztr. I have never used the quick 36 so I can't compare but the Exmark is a great mower.

MeadowsLawnCare
06-19-2007, 12:10 AM
How do u like it on hills? How do the belts do when wet?

Vikings
06-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I just cut with wet belts today for the first time on a 36" toro. It was pouring rain for about 20 minutes while I drove there. The belts were fine, I thought maybe they made some noise at first but it was just like normal. Mind you it was flat.

eauxkielawns
06-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I have a 36" belt Exmark Metro HP and a Scag ZTR. I have a property with a hill so steep that my scag slides down, but the Exmark does great. If I did not have the Exmark I would drop that job...much to big to use a 21". I can't speak of the Quick 36 since I have not used one.

With the Exmark 2 things I would suggest 1) make sure it has a floating deck not fixed 2) I prefer the Kawasaki engine.

The Captain
06-19-2007, 12:40 AM
I use a 48" belt drive Scag (17hp Kawi) on a dam face about the size of a football field. Belts do fine but I'd rather have a hydro instead of fighting the controls.
That being said, the only question I have about the Q-36 would be the single hydro. I'm not convinced it would be the greatest on a steep hillside. My son-in-law in Florida has one and it works great down there. (I've used it while I was on vacation at his house. Wait a minute :confused: ??? I was supposed to be on vacation, not mowing.)

WJW Lawn
06-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Is this really a competition? Why would you buy a belt when you could get a hydro? This is like--who was the better lead for Van Halen...David or Sammy...I mean cmon! ROTH BABY! HYDRO!