PDA

View Full Version : Muliple crews..

mrusk
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
How many people here run multiple hardscape crews?

Right now we sort of run a crew and a half. We arn't running to full time crews since right now i'd be stuck running crew 2 and then i'd get nothing done. Next year i NEED to go to two crews.

I been trying to think of creative ways to run muliple jobs at a time. I though about having one guy just do excavation/rough base, have one crew just do flat work, one crew just walls. Or something like that.

I know there are a ton of different ways to do things, and i know what works for one company might not work for another. I just want to see how others do things.

Matt

nobagger
06-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Maybe this can help... We run a crew of 2 (mowing) 3-5 on any given install job. I have a Foreman who can do just about any aspect of this business, mowing, installs even some customer relation type stuff. He runs a crew of 3 and I take the other guys and do whatever else needs done at another site. I guess the trick is to find some one who you can trust to run the show while your gone or at another site. He obviously gets paid more but its well worth it for me (less headaches, more jobs we can get done in a day. Hope this helps:waving:

zedosix
06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
2 crews. One crew doing excavation and base installation, next crew doing the install. Not fighting for tools all the time.

mrusk
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
2 crews. One crew doing excavation and base installation, next crew doing the install. Not fighting for tools all the time.

That was one of the things i was thinking about. I am finally getting all the tools together to have 1 crew with every possible hardscape tool needed. I would have to have to 5 or 10 of everything.

I think what you do makes good sense. Which crew does the clean up work?

zedosix
06-18-2007, 09:39 PM
That was one of the things i was thinking about. I am finally getting all the tools together to have 1 crew with every possible hardscape tool needed. I would have to have to 5 or 10 of everything.

I think what you do makes good sense. Which crew does the clean up work?

We clean up after each stage, and every night. No mess ever left over night. Trailer locked up, pylons around any brick that may be on the road, or machines. Plywood stacked, roads swept, etc. When all is said and done its usually the install guys who pressure wash the driveway and road.