PDA

View Full Version : black seats

richard1103
06-18-2007, 09:46 PM
what are these mfg thinking when they put a black seat on mower ? do they think it 70 degrees every day come out in real world and sit down on one of these hot seat .when you get off of it for 2 minutes to move something they are very hot use tan ,light Gray ,or white i would rather have a dirty seat then a hot a$$ . sometimes you think you have 2nd degree burn .

GravelyGuy
06-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Should have got a Gravely.

richard1103
06-18-2007, 09:56 PM
i think gravely has just changed i the last year or two i bought a pair years ago walk behind i have mowed with gravely z i was not impressed

Envy Lawn Service
06-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah, Gravely was guilty also until just a short time ago.

tralfaz
06-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I've told guys at Expo they ought to change the seat color. Gravely still has ads that have the black seat. Any time I see a mower with a black seat it's a major turnoff to me with that brand. The rest of the mower may be fine but it makes me think the manufacturers are out of touch.

The Captain
06-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Every Scag I've seen has a tan seat. Mine gets warm "butt" not hot...:laugh: ..

robbo521
06-19-2007, 01:47 AM
my yellow one gets warm to but not hot.

02DURAMAX
06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
My seat gets..........wait i don't have a seat.....so no hot a$$ over hear..:rolleyes: :cool2: :cool2:

topsites
06-19-2007, 03:14 AM
I never understood that, I agree I'd also rather have a dirty white seat, mine's black as well.
This problem has been like that for a good 5-10 years, probably longer.
It's not just them, go to Northern or anyplace sells replacements seats: 90% of them black!

One thing I did find that helps, on my warrior I can tilt the seat up (like when doing repairs to the engine etc) and it stays in place... Flipping the seat up helps keep it cooler, looks kinda odd but I don't care. A white towel would work, but it wouldn't stay in place traveling...

mkroher
06-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Should have got a Gravely.

That mower looks like it's worth more than those two trucks put together in that picuture :laugh:

johnwon
06-19-2007, 07:23 AM
My 2006 Gravely has a black seat.

Envy Lawn Service
06-20-2007, 12:23 AM
I never understood that, I agree I'd also rather have a dirty white seat, mine's black as well.
This problem has been like that for a good 5-10 years, probably longer.
It's not just them, go to Northern or anyplace sells replacements seats: 90% of them black!

One thing I did find that helps, on my warrior I can tilt the seat up (like when doing repairs to the engine etc) and it stays in place... Flipping the seat up helps keep it cooler, looks kinda odd but I don't care. A white towel would work, but it wouldn't stay in place traveling...

Those dummies at Everride took the yellow seats off the Great Danes and put black on them too.
What a brain fart... and it looks sucky too.

http://www.greatdanemower.com/images/Brutus_Overview_Image.jpg