PDA

View Full Version : Pro Locker Or Laser Locker

weeble67
06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
I am really interested in purchasing something to lock my Exmark down to my trailer. I have read a lot of bad things about pro locker, but I have heard as much good.

Who has the best price on them and does anyone regret buying one? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

weeble67
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Nobody has any input?

martinfan06
06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
When I get the chance I think im going to try these that they have here, the also have the best trimmer rack Ive seen yet check it out. www.trailerracks.com, look to be better than securing by 1 caster wheel thats the only problem ive heard of with lockers. And a lot cheaper also.

bohiaa
06-21-2007, 06:31 PM
try a chain and a lock.

If someone wants to steal it .....they will....

nothing short of a guard dog, can stop them

nashmower
06-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I've got a pro-locker that I use on my 60" Lazer AS. It saves me a lot of time and secured it 'well' for around town. As far as theft protection, . . I wouldn't put taking that front wheel off past any committed thieves.

I like it. I think it was worth the money to be safe in transport and quick on/off the trailer.

hope that helps.

KS_Grasscutter
06-22-2007, 12:22 AM
DONT get a Prolocker. If you have to use something like that, use Fastraps. Many mowers have been posted on here with broke front caster wheels from the prolockers. What everyone does around here is just put a couple 2x4s on the trailer floor, one in front and one behind the rear wheels. Of course this is NOT DOT compliant in some areas, but as far as I know is OK here.

nashmower
06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Equipment will wear out and break. You may want to go back and read the forums about pro-lockers and breakage, but it will be a painful process to read a lot of reactionary writing (We all do it; I'm just calling it what it is.) that fails to take into account real-world cause and effect. The most famous reference to this effect is about an improperly installed/ill-fitted prolocker on an older machine which resulted in an eventual castor breaking off of the frame.

The pro-locker will do what it's supposed to do. It will hold that wheel to the floor of your trailer. If that wheel stays attached to your mower (and your floor stays in the trailer), then your mower will stay in the trailer.

If you have enough force on your pro-locker to shear a HEALTHY 1" castor pin, you have had a serious amount of G-forces on your gear in that trailer. In that case, your mower held in place by 2x4 plates could likely be somewhere else, possibly causing injury to you or someone else.

People: BE D.O.T. legal! Don't be the cause of a preventable injury or death. Don't let what we know to be decently routine stress failures on old equipment (and pride) keep you from caring about your fellow humans with which you share the road.

Buy FastStraps, Pro-Lockers, Lazer-Lockers, . . or just strap the things down, but whatever you do, at least give some reasonable thought to securing your gear when you drive. Be a responsible company. You never know what's going to happen on the road (especially local). Having an accident probably won't be your fault; having un-restrained equipment that injured someone during that accident. . . . yep, . . that's your fault.

weeble67
06-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I appreciate all the input. I do think that NashMower brought the most to the table. That was one the the best written replies I've read in a long time. I do agree that the securing of your equipment is something that people don't do. I sadly fall in that group. There is nothing that will prevent someone from stealing your stuff if they want it bad enough. But causing the death or injury to someone because you didn't follow the law in securing your equipment is something that I don't feel as though I could live with.

Thanks Again,

Chris

mphillips4739
06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I know this is a couple of days old, but I still wanted to reply. Next to my string trimmer rack, my pro-locker was the best equipment holding purchase I ever made. It literally only takes two seconds to lock/unlock. On several occasions I have forgotten to lock it and it still holds my Z in place. Before, when using straps, I would often have one come loose and let the equipment roll around the trailer. I busted up a hand held blower that way. Since then, every piece of equipment goes in some type of rack. If you know anyone that has them, try them out. You will be glad you did.

weeble67
06-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the input. I am going to buy a pro locker. I am just searching to see who has the best deal. Anyone out there have any price input? I would greatly appreciate that.