PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick! Exmark hydro pump/wheel pump problem

tazman7
06-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Last week I was mowing and the left wheel pump went out, so I ordered a new one and it looked slightly different from the one that was on the right side of the mower. The thing that was different was that it had a nut like the nut that you can turn to release the pressure in case you have to push it somewhere, other then that everything was the same. So I put it on and now the left wheel doesnt spin nearly as fast as the right side, I have adjusted all of the linkage and still nothing, it spins a little but I can either adjust the linkage so it will go fast forward but then it has no reverse and vise versa.
Do you think that this could be a wheel pump problem? I took both of the lines off of the pump and stuck them in a bucket of oil and spun the wheel to see if it pumped oil and it did.:dizzy:

DiyDave
06-19-2007, 07:42 PM
You got the wrong part-first clue, something was different! lots of these pumps and motors look almost identical from the outside. It's what's inside that makes it work or not. You probably never should have installed it if it was visibly different from your pump. Hopefully you have a good dealer who will take it back and get you the right one!:hammerhead: :hammerhead: D"OH!!

tazman7
06-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Well I just called the disributer of the pumps and he said that they put that on all of the new pumps because on the old pumps he said you could drive it into a brick wall and it would smoke the tires. I guess once it builds up so much presure that blows off or something...

themowerman
06-20-2007, 08:51 AM
There should be a number plate on the pumps....make sure they are the same pumps

SLCINC
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Yea I just had a problem with my hydro pump on my lazer z and it wheel pump or motor, and it costed me $1600!! for the dealer to install. Man am i pissed. but the mower has a good 1700 hrs on it so it probably is due but still pretty freaken expensive. I had the same thing happen last year to another mower, it seems pretty common for these pumps to go bad, sucks that theyre so expensive:hammerhead: