PDA

View Full Version : Hedge Trim Prices

Borges Lawns
06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Can anyone Help me with going prices for trimming hedges. I know it's per ft but do you consider the height THANKS FB

MJS
06-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I do consider the height when I am trimming hedges or bushes; if it's something that I need to use a stepladder for, the price goes up 50%.

Borges Lawns
06-19-2007, 09:35 PM
MJS what do you charge per ft

PerfectEarth
06-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I had a job last week with nearly 170 "trimmable" items- mostly nice, singular boxwoods. I estimate time per plant, times number of plants, divide by hourly rate, add time for cleanup, add time for "extras" (there was other work in this job too) But that's how I usually figure the trimming part.

kellroy
06-19-2007, 09:48 PM
there are several things i look at , height, type of hedge,and how much clean up i'll have to do, example if i can rake or pull the cut hedge out and vacuum it up with my walker it gets cheaper, but if the cust is a pita :hammerhead: and requires all the cuttings to be removed the it's about 2$ per foot, if above 5 feet 3-4$ per foot

Sydenstricker Landscaping
06-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Find a decent hourly rate for your area, charge it time and materials, then charge a dump fee. That is one way to do it. Or just come up with a flat price for the whole thing

sildoc
06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
After doing several jobs you will realize how long it will take you to do x amount of ft or plants. trimming is easy and fast clean up will take a while pending what they have under the plants. rock sucks, bark is ok, cement or asphault and you are making money easily. I usually have a 50 min and goes up from there pending variabilities.

MeadowsLawnCare
06-20-2007, 05:26 AM
I think in the end time is money. Estimate the time its going to take you to trim and cleanup, then take that by your hourly rate and tack on a dump fee and you got it.

nobagger
06-20-2007, 08:16 AM
We just charge by the hour with a 50.00 minimum. I dont need a ladder since buying the new Sthil extended reach articulating hedge trimmers, which we used for the first time 2 days ago and man it made life a whole lot easier! In fact thats how we're starting to price everything (specialty things such as bed edging, hedge trimming, weeding etc.) I'm guaranteed to get that money and the customer's seem to think its a fair deal as well.

Bigray
06-20-2007, 08:20 AM
in the past i chg. 1.oo p/f for viberum type bushes if they can be worked from 1 side and clean up is just mulching them up.

i once had a huge estate where i had 2 rows going the length of the prop. over 900' , one side/ row was 8' wide, took forever! was part of the maint. so i never isolated the effort individually, usually took 2 hours per row, start in A.M. for best result

Dugann
06-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I am in SW Arkansas a small town. I charge $15.00 per hour + a $5.00 dump fee per load.

Thoughts on that?

RedMax Man
06-20-2007, 08:44 PM
We just charge by the hour with a 50.00 minimum. I dont need a ladder since buying the new Sthil extended reach articulating hedge trimmers, which we used for the first time 2 days ago and man it made life a whole lot easier! In fact thats how we're starting to price everything (specialty things such as bed edging, hedge trimming, weeding etc.) I'm guaranteed to get that money and the customer's seem to think its a fair deal as well.

I do the same thing. I also have an extended reach trimmer so i all most never need a ladder.