PDA

View Full Version : Guys with enclosed trailers!!!!!!

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I am fixing to buy a new 7X16 enclosed trailer and I am curious as to if any of you guys have A/C in your enclosed trailer? I can buy a unit and install myself for $400 or have the dealer install one for $800. For you guys that have it how do you wire it and how does it work. On days like today (over 100 degrees with the humidity) it would really come in handy.

lawncare18
06-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I perosnally think its a waste of money.. whats the point with it always being opened and shut?? idk maybe i am miss reading this..

KTO Enterprises
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Its only going to work well if you have meat curtain at the backdoor of the trailer and an onboard generator with at least 3500 watts that can run it while you are going down the road.

DOLMARatOS
06-19-2007, 08:56 PM
We have seen good results with a 12V Exhaust fan combined with a battery and a solar-charger system. Helps change out the air when the trailer is shut-up and sitting still. Otherwise, a "scoop" vent with another vent at the rear is a great way to air out the trailer while moving down the road. Also helps to reduce the amount of fumes in your trailer. ie grass smell, flammable fuel vapors, dog pooh, etc.

Palmer'sLS
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
i dont think that the OP realizes how hot the enclosed trailers get...

after the first yard, the mowers are warm, it gets hot quick

OMG
06-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I have one....but it's a regular window AC run off a generator mounted on the tongue of the trailer.

BUT.....this trailer is divided......an 8 foot workshop in the front with handtools, work bench, trimmers, hedgers, blowers, etc. and 16 foot hauler in the back.

Only the 8 foot workshop has the benefit of the air.....I see no need in cooling where the mowers are located.

P.S. The generator really helps, because I have an electrical strip mounted in the workshop for lights, grinder, radio, etc. in addition to the AC.

GravelyGuy
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Post some pics of your trailer OMG. Sounds pretty cool.

KTO Enterprises
06-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Wow a 24 foot landscaping trailer. Thats long. How do you turn that puppy around in cul-de-sacs. I have a 36 ft enclosed gooseneck that I use as a race hauler, sure would get some looks if i used it to do lawncare out of. It sure would be nice to have all my tools around at all times though. And a grinder to sharpen blades on demand.

Petr51488
06-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you have any idea how much gas you would burn to run that thing? and for what? I have a black 6x12 enclosed. It does get hot inside, but i'm not in it when its closed. YOu open the back door, and within 20 seconds its the same temperature as it is outside. If you open the side and back door, then 2 seconds and your cool. Don't blow the money.

the Lawnmower Man
06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah save the $400. I have an enclosed trailer and it gets real hot but I open the door move some random stuff and jump on my whip and get out....it helps keep me at the right pace lol. Now if you plan on doing stuff in your trailer, like the guy with the work shop then yeah go for it. But running in and out of ac all day will give you a crazy headache. :hammerhead: