PDA

View Full Version : scag turf tiger hydro cooler retrofit

rja
08-24-2001, 04:42 PM
I though some of you might be interested in the retrofitting of the hydro cooling system on a 1999 turf tiger. Rich

Sorry, I cant get the images to post. Will try later

rja
08-24-2001, 05:37 PM
hope this works

http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/album.asp?Key=1814610419380106

rich

Landry
08-28-2001, 04:45 AM
Great photo's. I have been thinking of the same mods on my Turf-tiger. Now the questions, who made the oil filter adaptor for the motor and the oil coolers for the hydros? Also, the bracket that supports the hydros coolers, is that a factory part? Your conversion looks like a factory option ( hint hint SCAG). Thanks in advance...Landry

rja
08-28-2001, 02:56 PM
The remote oil filter is from Perma-cool, it is a standard generic remote oil filter. The oil cooler parts are all stock from scag. They are from the new turf tiger model. The braket had to be ordered from the factory, the coolers came from their distributer. The hoses are standard hose that the dealer had. Rich

Landry
08-29-2001, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the info, it has saved me tons of leg work....Landry

rja
08-29-2001, 02:26 PM
Landry, the only other question I had was that the oil was unfiltered going to the coolers. Since they are stacked plates and therefore contain many small passages, shouldn't the oil be filtered before getting to them? I was thinking about putting the inline oil filter from Magnefine before each cooler. According the the Magnefine MFG, their filter will work with 20/50w oil. I am still waiting for the Scag take on this. I don't want to screw up the warrantee. What do you think? Rich.

http://www.dxmarket.com/emergingenterprises/products/R038M.html

Landry
08-31-2001, 02:17 AM
Sorry the reply took so long, I have been out of pocket. You do not have anything to worry about. The oil being cooled has only passed thru the drive since it was filtered. The hydro system would have major problems if anything would come out of the system big enough to plug a cooler. Have you ever thought about using Mobil 1 20W-50? As soon as my tiger gets a few more hours I will convert over.....Landry

rja
09-04-2001, 10:27 AM
Yes, everything is synthetic, engine oil, hydrodrive, gearbox, and spindel grease. Rich.