PDA

View Full Version : XTR Suggestions?

gobucks99
06-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I just bought a house that a little over 2.5 acres. The yard is overall very flat, at this point it has very little items to manuever around, but part of it is rough.

I have been researching ZTR's for awhile and to this point it seems the more I look the more I get get confused as to what is the best buy for my yard.

Here is buying criteria
- manufacturer stability...I want them to be around years from now
- overall ride comfort....rough yard
- cutting capability, ability to cut yard nice when short but also ability to cut high grass
- durability....I want this purchase to last me a very long time
- ease of maintenance and low maintenance needed
- anything else that I am missing

Here are the options I am leaning towards in no specific order
- Exmark CT
- Ferris IS1500
- Scag Tiger Cub
- Snapper 450z

I am very open to any suggestions and/or thoughts out there. I want to make sure that make the best educated decision that I can before dropping what I consider a good amount of money for home use.

Thanks to all in advance.

TX_Mudder
06-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I am in much the the same situation. I need to mow 2.5 acres, mostly flat, about 15 trees total. I just bought a Scag Tiger Cub. Picking it up tomorrow.

Have you tried any of them out? Get a little seat time in one and see how it feels.

I think it is important to evaluate the dealer just as much as the product. Have they been around awhile (and should be around for a long time) or are they a start up that may flake out? You want to be able to count on service.

I went with the Scag because it is a proven mower, because it has good local dealer support, and because it has adjustable controls which fit me much better because I am tall.

Good luck!

Pro-Scapes
06-20-2007, 12:26 AM
if its that rough the ferris will give you best ride. I got a toro commercial and its been good since the factory defects were fixed. Incredible cut.