PDA

View Full Version : Scag 21"

APV's Mowing
06-20-2007, 01:45 AM
ok so this is my first year and iv been lookin at diff. mowers to get. i am for sure going to get a toro 21" and a Scag 36" next year. but I guess what im wondering, is why Scag won't, don't, or have thought about making a 21" lawn mower? I know that i would buy one hands down over any other 21" with the rep that they have. I guess what i don't get is, look at Exmark...they have a 21" and a 26", toro, john deere, Honda,....you get my point but why wouldnt they make one?
not to mention it would look tight to have all orange on your trailer!

saw man
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Why? Honda doesnt make a ZTR. They would have to spend all kinds of money for R&D for a market that wil not be as proffitable for them so you can look cool will all orange mowers on your truck.

Husqvarna just came out with a comm. mower that is pretty nice, doesnt mulch but is a well built machine. It is orange and would look cool on your trailer.

Between Honda and Toro with the best comm. mowers 21" out it would take a lot to take those two down! And Scag doesnt have deep enough pockets to do it.

APV's Mowing
06-21-2007, 12:20 AM
im not saying all of this just for looks man, im just saying that Scag could put out a quality product and yes they would have to spend all kinds of money for it but, in the end wouldnt they proffit out of it, sort of like if you wanted to start dethatching yard or w/e you would have to go and spend money, but in the end wouldnt the proffit be worth it?

saw man
06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
I dont think they can or want to compete with Honda and Toro for a 21" mower.

fiveoboy01
06-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh I think they could compete easily, if the mower was built tough and they put thought into the design. Scag is easily one of the most-recognized names when it comes to mowers.

I'd buy one just to have a bright orange pushmower, lol.

APV's Mowing
06-22-2007, 12:48 AM
five o boy ur my man i mean come on who DOENS'T or HASN't or ISN'T going to get a Scag, i think that everybody at one time who does lawns is going to have a Scag, or want one...but in my opinion if they did it right it would be a really nice commercial 21"

TAZ
06-22-2007, 07:00 AM
IMO the 21's that are out there are competatively priced and the profit margins are probably not high enough to lure them into putting one out there.

-TAZ

APV's Mowing
06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
i dont think that they would have to be to competative in their prices if they put a quality product out there, i mean if you want to buy a quality product you pay the price, they may not make money in the first year or so but thats what happens to alot of buissness that start new in something, the greater reward will come later...