PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 speed

zz4guy
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I made the two cable adjustments yesterday on my q36 to go faster in forward. WOW what a difference. I should have done this a long time ago.

Now I almost have to jog to keep up. If I wasnt 6'5" I probably would have to jog all the time!

It seems to bag better too and not clog up as much. The factory settings are patheticly slow.

BUCKEYE MOWING
06-20-2007, 04:44 PM
I made the two cable adjustments yesterday on my q36 to go faster in forward. WOW what a difference. I should have done this a long time ago.

Now I almost have to jog to keep up. If I wasnt 6'5" I probably would have to jog all the time!

It seems to bag better too and not clog up as much. The factory settings are patheticly slow.

Do you have the new throttle controls on your quick ?

zz4guy
06-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Huh? No what are those? Do they make things easier on you? Please explain.

wolfsburg57
06-22-2007, 12:01 PM
zz - can you post a pic of how you have your cables adjusted? I assume you are using the black adjusters that are right above the battery area (electric start) and below the handles. I've been experimenting with my settings too and am curious as to how yours are set.

I think buckeye was refering to the style of the throttle controls. The new(er) quicks have updated forward and reverse levers I guess... mine is new so I don't know what the old controls looked like.

LarryF
06-23-2007, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=wolfsburg57;1872940]zz - can you post a pic of how you have your cables adjusted? I assume you are using the black adjusters that are right above the battery area (electric start) and below the handles. I've been experimenting with my settings too and am curious as to how yours are set.
QUOTE]

You must have it! Page 13 of the owner's manual that came with mine seems to clearly explain how to do this. It even shows photos.