PDA

View Full Version : air compressor

nmurph
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
can someone tell me if there is a way that i can piggyback to air compressors? i have one that produces 6.4 cfm @90 psi and a pancake compressor that produces 2.6 cfm @ 90 psi. i know that manifolds are available and i was thinking of plumbing that, but i am worried about one compressor overpowering the other and forcing air back into to it.
any ideas????????

Bill Kapaun
06-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Check valve(s)?

khouse
06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
All you need to do is connect them with a tee. Buy a tee fitting and put on the output line. Then plug the other compressor into that. It's that simple. You don't need a manifold. They do not have to be the same cfm/hp. They will turn on at different times and sometime at the same time. $15.00 and your set.

Bill Kapaun
06-20-2007, 07:13 PM
And if you need just a little bit of air, you still fill both tanks. A check valve on the "large" would allow you to use the smaller one for minor jobs and build up pressure much faster.
Do you have the electrical capacity to run both at the same time?

fixer67
06-21-2007, 01:38 AM
I have seen as high as 4 air compressors "piggy backed" with no problems with nothing more than a "T" in the air line. As long as you have the electrical capacity to run them I would dare say there is no limit to the number of air compressor you could piggy back. The pressure switch cut in and cut out limits should be set close the same to have them cut in and out at the same times. But that is not a big deal if they do not.

nmurph
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks, guys!!!!!! as usual, there is someone who knows something about anything that is ask here.

Budget
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Just make sure the fittings you are using are rated or over, for the max psi. on compressors, be safe compressed air is no joke.