PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki FZ340 idle misfire

ccs79
06-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi,

We just acquired an old John Deere AMT 600 (Gator precursor). It has a Kawasaki FZ340-AS10 engine. It sat for 4 years prior, but I got all the carb passages cleaned out with cleaner and air. It runs great at high rpm's, but the idle speed is erratic and it barely stays running. I have the low speed screw set so that it stays running although it misfire a lot. Does anyone have adjustment procedures for the governor? I'll try pulling the plug tomorrow, although it is new. Anything else I should check? Thanks.

Bill Kapaun
06-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Vacuum leak?

ccs79
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I checked the plug and it looks fine. I'll spray around the carb to check for leaks. If anyone has governor adjustment procedures that would be great. It seems that the governor is not moving throttle plate to compensate while it is idling rough.

ccs79
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I wanted to post the conclusion to the problem. I sprayed around the carb with carb cleaner and the idle smoothed out when spraying on the throttle shaft. So, yes, vacuum leak around the throttle shaft. Unfortunately, there are no replaceable bushings, so it looks like it's new carb time. Thanks for the suggestion.:dancing: