PDA

View Full Version : Tree Spade where and which to buy?

Airwave
06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi,

I am based in Ireland but am looking to purchase a tree spade in the US my brother lives there and can ship it over for free etc. Anyway I have a 4 acre nursery full of trees and would like to use a tree spade to help get them out. I want to run the spade behind my 40hp Kioti tractor so if you have any places or recommendations then please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Travel'n Trees
06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Go with Big John more root ball get's a lot more roots.

Rtom45
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
You can't go wrong with Vermeer equipment.

Travel'n Trees
06-21-2007, 11:32 AM
???? Parts not available and produced as needed if on a job they can leave you hanging 3 weeks to a month sometimes, in America. They are like a care tree they cut off alot of roots because of the straight blades. They are like a care tree.

Airwave
06-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Interesting point on the parts availability not sure if that is on both brands mentioned or one specific one as it is not clear in your message. Guess I better look at a brand that also distributes in Europe just in case I need parts although I did not think there would be that many parts needed and that you should be able to fix most on your own after all it is mainly hydraulics and steel that you attach to a tractor. I guess spare spades would be handy as land is quite stoney here in Ireland.

Vermeer
06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Vermeer has a variety of spades that may fit your needs. There are double curved spades on the 3300 and the TS30 can use truncated spades giving you a straighter ball up and down. It also may depend on the type of trees you are digging. Vermeer has dealer representation in Ireland and the UK and has parts available if needed. Tree spades really do not require alot of maintenance unless you buy used. Best wishes in your search