PDA

View Full Version : Hustler 4600 order delay

rolu
06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I am with the Riley Co. Parks Department in Manhattan, Kansas. We have had a single deck 4600 ordered since last fall. We have yet to receive the machine. I have been told that the delay is due to a shortage of pto gearboxes. I wonder if Hustler isn't dedicating more of their business to the smaller machines at the expense of the larger commercial machines. Frankly, we are almost ready to switch brands as much as I hate to. We currently have two range wings and a single deck Hustler. They are great mowers. Has anyone else had this problem or can a representative provide an explanation or some kind of help. Thanks. Ron

craglawnmanor
06-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I'd post this question in the Hustler sponsor forum up in the commercial mowing section. PJ is the Hustler rep that administers that forum, and he'll probably be able to find out the true answer to why your machine hasn't arrived. Good luck.

mowerconsultant
07-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I am with the Riley Co. Parks Department in Manhattan, Kansas. We have had a single deck 4600 ordered since last fall. We have yet to receive the machine. I have been told that the delay is due to a shortage of pto gearboxes. I wonder if Hustler isn't dedicating more of their business to the smaller machines at the expense of the larger commercial machines. Frankly, we are almost ready to switch brands as much as I hate to. We currently have two range wings and a single deck Hustler. They are great mowers. Has anyone else had this problem or can a representative provide an explanation or some kind of help. Thanks. Ron

I am reading this for the first time today.
It is true, we have a shortage of gearboxes from the vendor that manufactures them for us.
We are getting them as quickly as we can and delivering the 4600's and decks as soon as they are installed.

carcrz
07-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I think that there is something else going on if it is taking that long to get your machine ready. Back order or not, if I ordered it in the fall & it wasn't ready by at least early March I'd look elsewhere or buy another model that was already in house.

mowerconsultant
07-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I think that there is something else going on if it is taking that long to get your machine ready.

I posted the exact reason the mower could not be delivered.
Our supplier of gearboxes is not getting them out as fast as we need them.
This gearbox is the one on the deck, without it the deck doesn't work at all, the tractor is not affected by this at all, but the tractor is not going to mow grass with out a gearbox on the deck.
There is nothing to hide here, the fact is shortage of gearboxes.

Pj