PDA

View Full Version : day labor

bohiaa
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok guys some of you may remember my post a few weeks ago about this kid that I hired, what a nightmare....
well he kind of burned me and I have been real relunctant...

because of rain I got behind, so today I got a day labor, older guy " about my age " Didn't break any speed recoards, But I cant begain to tell ya how nice it was to have help, "that just did his job"

We knocked out 6 jobs today, this would have been 575.00 for me, But with help I paied him 100.00 and bought him lunch, and a few drinks.

I have learned a NEW lesson today..... If I want to stay solo and Greedy,
I will allways stay solo and allways be in the 50,000 range,

Hope yall can understand waht I mean

Lohse's Lawn Service
06-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Bohiaa, nothing wrong with that. It's hard to find good help today, even though pushing/riding a mower just takes some common sense. Watch out for greed though, you sure don't want that to be the reason why you are in the business. Good luck and keep working hard for the money.

Stillwater
06-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Ok guys some of you may remember my post a few weeks ago about this kid that I hired, what a nightmare....
well he kind of burned me and I have been real relunctant...

because of rain I got behind, so today I got a day labor, older guy " about my age " Didn't break any speed recoards, But I cant begain to tell ya how nice it was to have help, "that just did his job"

We knocked out 6 jobs today, this would have been 575.00 for me, But with help I paied him 100.00 and bought him lunch, and a few drinks.

I have learned a NEW lesson today..... If I want to stay solo and Greedy,
I will allways stay solo and allways be in the 50,000 range,

I don't understand what you mean, you lost money with a laborer? Mabey I sould read your other post from a few weeks ago. Haveing laborers should be increaseing your income. Unless you quoted the prices for those 6 jobs being solo and added help at the last minute that could suck your wallet. but normaly laborers should be increaseing your income in a huge way.

ed2hess
06-24-2007, 06:38 PM

I would have thought that you could have done 12 jobs in one day and made a lot more money.....what happened? If you had a helper and could clear an extra $50 a day or more wouldn't that be a good deal?

bohiaa
06-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Sorry didn't think I wiould have to explane this one....

the ole saying is that everyone wants to work for the greedy man.....

because he pays the most......

as far as getting 12 jobs done in one day ...........LOL

not with just 2 guys........ most of our work is larger jobs, on that day the samll one was 5 acers, we knocked out the 3 acer job too.
we dont have 1/4 acer lots out here

ed2hess
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry didn't think I wiould have to explane this one....

the ole saying is that everyone wants to work for the greedy man.....

because he pays the most......

as far as getting 12 jobs done in one day ...........LOL

not with just 2 guys........ most of our work is larger jobs, on that day the samll one was 5 acers, we knocked out the 3 acer job too.
we dont have 1/4 acer lots out here

Sorry I misread about the jobs..........

Mow It All llc
06-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Its great to pick up a guy when your behind, I did it last Wed to spread 10 years of mulch for me. $700 for that job and he knocked it out in about 3hrs, so it was worth it. I will NEVER EVER hire an illigel wet back!!!!!!!!1

GreenT
06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I did it last Wed to spread 10 years of mulch for me

Wow what a lowballer! 10 years of mulch for $700???

I couldn't resist Mow It All. j/k :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: