PDA

View Full Version : Question about suspension seat for 152z gravely

copotay
06-21-2007, 07:19 PM
I went out and bought one from the local dealer it is $252.00. It is an add on that you use the old seat along with the tracks. pretty easy to install it also comes with a wire harness to add length to the seat button. It is made by seats incorporated in wisconsin. It looks like ariens/gravely bought this seat from that company and added directions and the harness to install on the Zs. It raises the seat about 2 1/2 inches so I had to raise my handles. The seat also does not go as far back as it used before the suspension piece because of the way the suspension kit is designed, so I lost about 1 1/2 inches to back the seat up.

here is the link to the company of what this thing looks like

http://www.seatsinc.com/ngp/!slmenu_....8142.9101.cat

My question is whomever has installed this seat, is there anything you did to back the seat up anymore, I used to ride with it all the way back and now the handles are against my chest. I tried to figure out some way go farther back looking at the bolts on the add on suspension piece, but it looks like the frame of the new piece is just about all the way back, but the seat is still 1 1/2 inches forward after its bolted to the frame. I dont see any other holes or anyway to drill some holes to move the seat back on the suspension piece frame.

I added some pics to show what I am talking about

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/copotay/gravelyseatfront.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/copotay/garvelyseatback.jpg

bohiaa
06-21-2007, 07:25 PM
cant help you with your Question,,, But I was wondering if you have used it yet,,, and was it worth the money ?

My Exmark is beating me to death, and was thinking about one ....

thanks

copotay
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I just put it on, it sits comfortable and has two big springs, i went around not cutting yet, but will be probably tomorrow, it takes me two and 1/2 hours to cut my 6 acres thats is full of bumps and uneven ground thats why I got it.

Its seems like it will work fine, I hit a few bumps just running around testing it for a few minutes and it springs great, I cant say it was worth the price yet. Kinda depends on how my back and rearend feel after sitting for that long bumping along cause I would get off of it and could hardly walk, I been doing that for three years and it gets worse each time. It was real bad I was bouncing so much it was lifting me off the seat sometimes cutting off the seat switch for a second therefore I was having to go slow around the real bumpy areas.

I'll cut tomorrow and let you know, just wish I could push the seat back where I had it before.

copotay
06-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Report: It worked great after 2 1/2 hours of riding I didnt feel like I was ran over by a truck, my back was fine. So even though its a bit expensive in my opinion it was worth it. When I buy my next one it will be with the suspension seat already on it.

bowhunter74
06-24-2007, 06:34 PM
I went to their website and got it for the price of $158. It does work very well and i would do it again. Been using mine for about a month and love it.