PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Peltors headphones,,,,,

gilatplc
06-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Hello mp3 player, I TIRED of these junkie head phone that don't work , hardly keep a station in toune!!!
Now I'm trying a new set of Insignia mp3 player that has a FM radio built in to it.
Now I would like to know for those of you who already have something like this is what is out there for noise canceling headset to complement this device.

Thanks Gil

fiveoboy01
06-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I hear you there.

Worktunes suck, reception is spotty and they leave a nice wet ring of sweat around your ears. Not to mention they give me a headache from clamping on my head all day.

Ipod for me now, all the time.

Gimp
06-22-2007, 12:41 AM
What headphones do you use?

fiveoboy01
06-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Shure in-ear headphones. They seal to the ear canal and block the noise out. Pricey at 100 plus bucks for the pair, but they sound great.

PowerEquipmentWarehouse
06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
If you are looking for noise canceling durable headphones with a standard 3.5mm input, we have them available. Follow the link below.

Mike

http://www.powerequipmentwarehouse.com/noisecutterencsafetyheadset-p-47469.html

unit28
06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm getting a muff from gemplers that has the plug into 3.5
Then waiting for the xm for xmas...yeppers........
http://reviews.cnet.com/satellite-radio-tuners/pioneer-inno-xm/4505-7873_7-31824917.html

http://www.gemplers.com/images/items/125606.jpg

fiveoboy01
06-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Those look cool.

My biggest issue with the worktunes was crummy reception and commercials.

gilatplc
06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I have to say ebay has some nice prices on head phone that are noise canceling,
Which one's are best for picking up station I also know the wire that connects them is also the antenna, and for noise?

Thanks
Gil

Tim Wright
06-23-2007, 07:12 PM
If you are looking for noise canceling durable headphones with a standard 3.5mm input, we have them available. Follow the link below.

Mike

http://www.powerequipmentwarehouse.com/noisecutterencsafetyheadset-p-47469.html

Mike,

I have been meaning to call you and ask; do you think that the Quiet-tunes by Elvex are better than the Peltors, or are they roughly the same as the Work-tunes?

Thanks,

Tim

Frontier-Lawn
06-24-2007, 10:18 AM
i use basic ear protection with a set of ear plugs that run to my razr. works good and i don't have to worry about any added weight due to battiers and bending the antenna.

T'S lawncare
06-24-2007, 09:48 PM
i-pod plus reg. hearing protection. No commercials, just music.

wildbilly1113
06-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Tim, The older worktunes were good, the new ones are bad. The quite tunes are a good all-around unit but are a little heavier and you can plug in a communication device and they are rechargable.

simonkodousek
06-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Hello mp3 player, I TIRED of these junkie head phone that don't work , hardly keep a station in toune!!!
Now I'm trying a new set of Insignia mp3 player that has a FM radio built in to it.
Now I would like to know for those of you who already have something like this is what is out there for noise canceling headset to complement this device.

Thanks Gil

I wanna say, I agree with you about the Worktunes. They are supposodely durable (according to the package) but I accidently dropped mine from 5', and now they don't work at all... :(

Tim Wright
06-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Tim, The older worktunes were good, the new ones are bad. The quite tunes are a good all-around unit but are a little heavier and you can plug in a communication device and they are rechargable.

Thank you!

I tried the worktunes, and could barely hear the radio even on full volume. The muffs did not eliminate enough of the mower noise. I also experienced a lack of locking down the stations as others have.

So those are my two concerns about the quiet-tunes. Eliminating enough mower noise to be able to hear the radio or input device.

Tim

Gimp
06-25-2007, 07:00 PM
How do you use the ear buds plus regular hearing protection? I use ear plugs right now for sound...

i-pod plus reg. hearing protection. No commercials, just music.

DUSTYCEDAR
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
i have poured water out of my worktunes yuck they r so hot :confused: