PDA

View Full Version : Kubota or Gravely Commercial???

Lawnamus
06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Just wanted some feedback. I've got 3 Ex-mark's ('99,01,04) and have become very unhappy with the make of the product ---gotten cheaper by the year. Got in a jam and bought 2 Z-Two's from Lesco...figured I would give them a chance...they are close to shop, and I was tired of driving to BFE to get parts.

Needless to say, I now need to make a decision of buying a Kubota 54" (diesel or gas) or a Gravely commercial 52" of 2006... The price difference is $4000. While I do not mind paying up front for the long term durability, I was just wondering if its worth the 4K.

I have heard that the Gravely's blow spindles often, however; the servicing dealer is outstanding. Engines are neglible at this point because I am more concerned about the build of the unit and again its durability. I don't even get to the engine durability stage with the crap that I have bought lately.

One side note, I talked to the Kubota dealer and he said if fI buy one its $10,100. I said what about 2 units and he said $9500 each.

All opinions and insights welcome and thanks in advance.

NewHorizon's Land
06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
If you are happy with the dealer of Kubota go with Kubota. Go Diesel and you should be happy.

puddin' pie
06-23-2007, 06:15 AM
i own three gravelys love them, all have xl spindles never had a problem

kpc007
06-23-2007, 11:51 PM
I just bought the Kubota ZD326P and man is this thing a grass eating machine. I have some 30 degree slopes with 4 ft field grass and it went through it like a hot knife through butter. I ran it at half throttle for a breakin. Actually, the breakin period is more for me than the machine...:rolleyes: . Not used to that much power cuttin grass. This machine is impressive.

I had demos of Exmark, Grasshopper, and Scag, at my property, but they can't hold a candle to this heavyweight (almost 1800 lbs) for sticking power, quality of cut, and raw guts. One pass through that hilly field sold me. Get a demo. You will be surprised!!

Fatheroftwo
06-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I've got a ZD 28/60 with 800 or so hours. Great cut, very strong. One problem---fuel pumps. Otherwise I'd buy the Kubota, if it can stand what my employees put it thru it can stand anything. :usflag:

kpc007
06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I've got a ZD 28/60 with 800 or so hours. Great cut, very strong. One problem---fuel pumps. Otherwise I'd buy the Kubota, if it can stand what my employees put it thru it can stand anything. :usflag:

You had to replace the fuel pump? Is it costly?