PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Weedwacker

rodeodude
06-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm attempting a repair of a 25cc 2-cycle craftsman weedwacker without the benefit of a repair manual and am intersted in any info or sources of info to verify the correct alignment of parts.

Restrorob
06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Post the model number off this unit....

rodeodude
06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
The Model No. is 358.795540.

Restrorob
06-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, Don't have a manual on this one but you can see the parts break-down at the link below. Just enter your model number.

http://www3.sears.com/

Bill Kapaun
06-24-2007, 06:52 PM
If you go to Sears and enter your #, you may get "some" help?
http://www3.sears.com/

A 358 is a Poulan/Weedeater

Also, if you go to-
http://www.m-and-d.com/parts.html
Follow the parts diagrams links and then you can sort through all the Weedeaters and try to figure out which model you have.

pugs
06-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm attempting a repair of a 25cc 2-cycle craftsman weedwacker without the benefit of a repair manual and am intersted in any info or sources of info to verify the correct alignment of parts.

What is wrong that you are attempting to repair? Honestly dont waste much time on it. It was a POS when new...its not going to get better:rolleyes:

MarcSmith
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Honestly dont waste much time on it. It was a POS when new...its not going to get better:rolleyes:

maybe, just maybe its a homeowner trying to repair something on his own rather then getting fleeced at the dealer or maybe one of us trying to learn how to repair tools that way they don't have go to the dealer and get fleeced.

most homeowners don't need a $300 Stihl or echo to get their job done the $90 units from HD or sears work just fine...

pugs
06-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I am not saying take it to a dealer...I am saying they are throw aways, go buy another one. Or get something for 200 that will last.

newz7151
06-25-2007, 03:32 PM
I am not saying take it to a dealer...I am saying they are throw aways, go buy another one. Or get something for 200 that will last.

And another thing.. if you think a dealer is going to "fleece" you when you take it to them, then why should we give away help for free on here?

dutch1
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Junk it and go buy another another Craftsman. I worked in a shop for nearly 10 years and we would not accept any "big box store" equipment. Most of it is just not cost effective to repair. At $50/hr the customer will not likely repair an item after an estimate that will run close to $100. More often than not you get exactly what you pay for. Buy a trimmer that has a carb and a recoil start that can be removed and repaired in a short amount of time

Dutch

MarcSmith
06-26-2007, 06:11 AM
And another thing.. if you think a dealer is going to "fleece" you when you take it to them, then why should we give away help for free on here?

OK maybe fleece is the wrong term. but take any gas powered tool to a repair shop and you are looking at 50 bones just for them to look at it...and when you are talking about a trimmer that originally cost 100 bucks, you are correct, the consumer is going to walk away.

Hence the reason for people to come to LS and ask advice. This is the Mechanic and repair section, and no one is holding your feet to the fire to give free advice.

Again a home owner style unit with normal maintenance and properly cared for should last just fine for a home owner. But all it takes is one season of scummy fuel or something like that and its toast. But with any piece of motorized equipment the more you use it, the better for it. Its when equipment sits idle is when it goes down hill...