PDA

View Full Version : Mower Blades

kevinlane
06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok, so I read some of the other threads about some blade issues. However I'm still not sure where to look for better blades. I did my research and I may be looking in the wrong places. I have a craftsman 33" wb. I know most of you pros don't care for the brand, but it is a good mower for just starting out. The blades are two 17.9". Is there another brand that is better that I can use? When I am in 3rd gear it leaves stringers, 2nd is too slow. The blades are sharp, I checked...its brand new, used only 4 or 5 times. I only have 3 accounts at this time. Any input would be good...tks bruthas.:help:

bohiaa
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
LOL.... not laughing at you,

I'm having the same issue with the 21".

only think I can think of is a higher lift blade...going to try that Monday, Will let ya know how it works

kevinlane
06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
LOL.... not laughing at you,

I'm having the same issue with the 21".

only think I can think of is a higher lift blade...going to try that Monday, Will let ya know how it works

Nice I see a higher lift mulching blade might work....if I can find one that is 17.9" Just a thought....If my blades are 17.9" will an 18" work? But thanks for4 the info, I'm gonna start looking for that mulching blade. Peace brutha!:clapping:

Grits
06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Nice I see a higher lift mulching blade might work....if I can find one that is 17.9" Just a thought....If my blades are 17.9" will an 18" work? But thanks for4 the info, I'm gonna start looking for that mulching blade. Peace brutha!:clapping:

No, they will most likely hit each other.

kevinlane
06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
No, they will most likely hit each other.

So I have no play....has to be exactly 17.9"? Ok tks for the input brutha, I'll look for the exact size. Appreciate the help.