PDA

View Full Version : how do i get these

larold83
06-24-2007, 12:04 AM
the local grizzly gander mountain and tractor suply and the great escap movie theater well their landscaping looks like crap how do i go about offering bids

Allens LawnCare
06-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Ask to speak to the property manager, introdue yourself....being commercial they're probably under contract..if so ask when they accept thier bids and go from there

larold83
06-24-2007, 09:33 AM
the thing is the landscaping hasn't been done fo like ever i mean i don' think they have any one do them the same way with tractor suply when they built the store their landscaping was beautiful know the weeds are almost as big as some of the trees they planted

Brink's Lawn Care
06-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey their neighbor! For a second i thought i was loosing it. But no its someone local. Anyways, gooooooooooood luck. For the past several years i submitted bid request, Talked to all of the store managers, etc, etc. I talked to the manager at the great escape theater, i did however get a number to call this guy, but no call back. I know what you mean , its terrible.

BTW, there is good money to be made doing the mulch job for the lycoming mall. My one friend worked for the guy who did this job. The winning bidder subbed the work out to this guy, and after he got word what the winning bidder got it for, he told his crew(my friend) to lay it down thin. From what i was told they did the mulch job for 10k, and the winning bidder got it for over 18k.

Good luck, b/c i bet, its some Indian who is in control of everything. Like BP/Uni-mart in lewi. Its a trash dump now.

larold83
06-24-2007, 04:33 PM
you wouldn't happen to have his number do ya i wrote the vp a email but who knows if he'll get in contact with

newz7151
06-24-2007, 08:07 PM
you wouldn't happen to have his number do ya i wrote the vp a email but who knows if he'll get in contact with

If you typed and composed your email the same way you post on here, I can certainly gurantee you that it met the "trash" box of his email program pretty quickly. If you can't come across business like, why would you expect to get business?

echeandia
06-24-2007, 08:19 PM
If you typed and composed your email the same way you post on here, I can certainly gurantee you that it met the "trash" box of his email program pretty quickly. If you can't come across business like, why would you expect to get business?

Absolutely correct. You need to present yourself as a knowledgeable, responsible, professional who can speak and write correctly. Illiterates need not apply.

Brink's Lawn Care
06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
If i were to go into details, well lets not go there, i rather not beat myself up over this stuff. Unfortunately I do not have his number anymore. I tossed the card. My advice to you is this. Make money by not investing time and money into trying to contact the right person, b/c its not worth it. Whoever is in charge, only wants the minimum amount of work done to meet the required requirements for that area. If you haven't noticed, this area is a sh@t hole.

I help this helps you.

bohiaa
06-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I have been running into this a LOT.....

it seems that some people dont care

mattfromNY
06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I service one property where the store manager is my friend (otherwise I wouldn't bother), His hands are tied, he has a VERY minimal budget to work with for the maintainence, and lawncare/ landscaping. Together, we've tried to get a little more money freed up to spiff the place up a little to no avail. Sometimes the property is not owned locally, and unless their is code violations, etc., they dont care what it looks like. Less money spent on landscaping= less overhead and more profit in their eyes.

larold83
06-24-2007, 09:25 PM
yeah i get the point so i'll move on. next question i put flyers up at all local grocerie stores i think thats how you spell it any way there are tj's market, the unimart, weis, giant, and put business card at the local movie rental and napa auto parts. so how long do you think it will take fo the get a call. also i'm looking into puting my number in the yellow book and a ad in the newspaper.

stuffdeer
06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
You might not get any calls if your business cards look like the way you type on here....

simonkodousek
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I have been running into this a LOT.....

it seems that some people dont care

Some people really don't, and that's the problem.

I don't live very far (15 minutes or so) from a VERY expensive neighborhood with the average home price $3,000,000+. However, as in all neighboorhoods, there are people who take care of their lawn and garden, and some who don't. Now, there is this VERY large home on a private lake, right next to a country club, one of the most desirable locations in the neighborhood. Anyway, this very old couple live in this house, but don't take care of it at all. The grass is sometimes 6"+ high, and all the shrubs are actually growing over the paths. Even worse, when the neigborhood landscapers offered to mow, and trim plants on their property for free, they refused... :dizzy:

larold83
06-25-2007, 09:13 AM
http://E:\Documents and Settings\family.LARRY-88A070189\Local Settings\Temp\pub67184.0\index.htm

larold83
06-26-2007, 10:29 AM
well i tried to upload my business card to show you guys that it look very profesional but can any one tell me how to get it from microsoft publisher to here

newz7151
06-26-2007, 07:52 PM
well i tried to upload my business card to show you guys that it look very profesional but can any one tell me how to get it from microsoft publisher to here

Save the file as a PDF in publisher.

cutbetterthanyou
06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
yeah i get the point so i'll move on. next question i put flyers up at all local grocerie stores i think thats how you spell it any way there are tj's market, the unimart, weis, giant, and put business card at the local movie rental and napa auto parts. so how long do you think it will take fo the get a call. also i'm looking into puting my number in the yellow book and a ad in the newspaper.

Don't waste money on the yellow book (at least for new cust.) all you get is cheapos. This is my 1st year in the Y book and all that is all i have gotten are price shoppers. I may leave it in for otheir reasons though. As far as the cards goes you may not get any calls. I put out 1000 nice lookin cards in one year and never got one call. Not saing they are a waste, but there are a bunch of a$$ holes that pick up your whole stack and toss them. Just be paitence, do good work ,and let word of mouth take its course.

larold83
06-27-2007, 04:10 PM
heres my flyer

larold83
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
ok here i think i got it finaly trial and error

lawnjockey56
06-27-2007, 05:00 PM

yet you have spelling errors in your post lmao

larold83
06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
so what did i spell wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigray
06-27-2007, 09:26 PM
FINALLY ! NOT finaly fyi...

Echelon
06-27-2007, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=newz7151;1875165]gurantee QUOTE]

i believe its guarantee, also*trucewhiteflag*

newz7151
06-27-2007, 11:55 PM
yet you have spelling errors in your post lmao

?

I'm not the one trying to get lawn mowing/landscaping jobs.

If you typed and composed your email the same way you post on here, I can certainly guarantee you that it met the "trash" box of his email program pretty quickly. If you can't come across business like, why would you expect to get business?

newz7151
06-27-2007, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=newz7151;1875165]gurantee QUOTE]

i believe its guarantee, also*trucewhiteflag*

could be "garountee" if I was from Louisiana and hung out with Justin Wilson before he died.

lawnjockey56
06-28-2007, 02:03 AM
so what did i spell wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gurantee is spelled guarantee:usflag:

larold83
06-28-2007, 08:46 AM
well guys i spell checked everything in my flyer and my business card and they are correct so what if i rely on spell check this is a forum who gives a flying **** what ya spelled wrong the other day on mysapce i go this bulliten and the whole paragrah was all ****** up but i could read it just find they were doing a test on the brain cuz it don't matter is letters are missing long as the first and last letter are in the right place like this

fcuk you gyus if you cn'ant raed tihs yuor fkniucg barin is to god dnam solw so go fcuk yuor slvese awlohsses

Echelon
06-28-2007, 09:00 PM
youre just supposed to leave out the vowels. pay attention