PDA

View Full Version : So what is the best full size tuck to buy? Ford, Dodge, Chevy or Toyota?

Exact Rototilling
06-24-2007, 03:54 AM
This is my first year Rototilling and I'm picking up a few mowing clients. I have a mid 80's Toyota Extra Cab, yes I bought it new, that is adequate for a small trailer and my tillers plus other tools but will not work if I get a bigger mower. If I can accumulate enough clients this year I will attempt to make the jump to more productive mowing equipment next year thus the need for a bigger trailer and a bigger truck.

There is a possibility I may go the route of a commercial fire wood business however that will not happen for a few years if at all. I'm still researching this and I'm not sure if it's profitable to do it above the radar. Most people up here fly under the radar. Not sure if I want to compete with that.

So what is the best full size tuck to buy? Ford, Dodge, Chevy or Toyota? Half ton, 3/4 ton 1 ton? What year or generation is best? I will also want to use it for snow plowing. Diesel or gas? I'm looking for the sweet spot of value, performance and long term operational expense since I don't part with my vehicles very often. I also would like a crew cab but I'm open to being talked out of it for valid reasons.
:waving:

2 clowns mowing
06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
anything will work, just get good warranty with it

Frosty03
06-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Get you one of those hybrid vehicles.

Try a: FoDoChota.

Good trucks, parts are a beotch though.

Get what you like, they are all good. I have Chevys for my personal and work trucks.

Lynden-Jeff
06-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Diesel 2500 dodge!!!!!!

Lynden-Jeff
06-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Also noticed you want it for plowing after I posted. Some will disagree but chevy and toyota are crap for plowing. The suspension on chevys is apparently not up to par for a heavy plow and ive seen many toyotas (can't speak for the newest ones) ruined by plows. Both fords and dodges are tanks for plowing.

Cheers

carcrz
06-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Fords ride rough & are still trying out their new motors. Chevy's have a smooth ride if for mostly just driving. Dodge's seats take a while to break in, but the Cummins is a tank. I don't know anything about Toyota except that I see a lot of them running forever.

Tim Wright
06-24-2007, 09:32 AM
GMC-Duramax.

Tim

THRIFTY
06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Apples or Oranges????

bohiaa
06-25-2007, 03:16 AM
So what is the best spark plug in a diesel

TXNSLighting
06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
ford has the best ride. and now a dam good diesel. especialy for plowing it be ford or dodge.

topsites
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't worry so much about the brand, but do worry about condition and blue book value, and if you plan on towing a bigger trailer then a 3/4 ton is the only answer.

DBL
06-25-2007, 10:32 AM
So what is the best spark plug in a diesel

real trucks dont have spark plugs

HFS
06-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm running a new 07' Ford F-150 with the heavy duty towing package (10,000lbs) I'll be putting a plow on the front this winter but only for minor work. If your planing on getting into more plowing; I would look into a Ford F-250. Plus that would give you more room to grow into it. I bought the F-150 to save a little money and am planning to use it for my fertilizer and debris truck next season with the purchase of a new Ford F-350 dual wheel drive with 5th wheel enclosed trailer. I personally choose Ford, but to each his own. The way I see it; some will have problems and some run forever. It comes down to maintenance and cost. LATER...

bohiaa
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
dont know if you guys know it or not, But In October the laws changed about title transfur,

used cars and trucks are now Very expensive to change over, I had a 93 F150 it was going to cost 1200 to transfur title,

it's now worth it to get a brand new one.