PDA

View Full Version : where to buy dichroic lenses ?

TurfPro
06-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey guys,

I have a customer who wants red/green/blue colored lights for "seasonal" use... a little to "loud" for my taste,,but anyway.........
I've never used dichroic lenses, but I hear they produce a much more noticable color. My supplier (John Deere Landscapes) has never heard of them. Wheres a good place to buy them? I'm using Vista 2216's.
Thanks!

Chris J
06-24-2007, 10:35 AM
leefiltersusa.com

Pro-Scapes
06-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I get mine from fold

NightScenes
06-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I usually by from Lee Filters. Talk to Tahl.

TurfPro
06-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks all!
Paul, I tried to call you a couple of times, but you are one busy guy! Same here though,,,,,, ahh well, it's a good thing.

High Performance Lighting
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey guys,

I have a customer who wants red/green/blue colored lights for "seasonal" use... a little to "loud" for my taste,,but anyway.........
I've never used dichroic lenses, but I hear they produce a much more noticable color. My supplier (John Deere Landscapes) has never heard of them. Wheres a good place to buy them? I'm using Vista 2216's.
Thanks!

If you must, Vista has them.

Pro-Scapes
06-24-2007, 05:37 PM
I usually by from Lee Filters. Talk to Tahl.

crap im looking at thier price sheet online. am I seeing this right ? is that a per filter price or a pack of so many ? Im a fraction of the cost now!

Chris J
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM
crap im looking at thier price sheet online. am I seeing this right ? is that a per filter price or a pack of so many ? Im a fraction of the cost now!

Billy,
There are serious differences between real dichroic lenses and those made of other materials like plastic. I don't know if what you are seeing is a true cost comparison, but just make sure you are comparing the same product. 2 cents.

Pro-Scapes
06-24-2007, 08:55 PM
the ones I have are made of glass. Kinda fragile... they are not just like a plastic gel lens. They dont add color they remove everything that isnt the chosen color if I remember corectly. Huge diff... A blue lense doesnt look entirly blue... Almost like an iridium effect on the lens. Its sold to me as a dichronic filter. Correct me if I am wrong PLEASE.

steveparrott
06-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Dichroic filters are the best way to go for projecting colored light. They work by use of optical interference, allowing the chosen color wavelengths to pass through the filter while reflecting back all other colors. Standard colored lenses work by absorbing the unwanted colors and allowing the chosen color to pass through (much less precisely).

The advantages are that the filters last a great deal longer than other types and they don't fade. Dichroic filters are also much more efficient in transmitting the desired light. In other words a blue dichroic will result in a brighter light than a standard colored lens.

Disadvantages are that they are easily broken and are much more expensive.

Rosco and Lee are two of the best producers. Avoid the cheap Asian dichroics, they may have poor bonding of the dichroic coating to the glass and will flake off.

All Pro Lawn Care
06-14-2008, 11:41 PM
the site is not working any other

JoeyD
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Abrissa Glass