PDA

View Full Version : Kubota 3450 overheating

Robert Burnham
08-25-2001, 08:06 PM
I have a Kubota 3450 tractor that overheats repeatedly. I have checked the belts, coolant level, fan, radiator, etc.. I also installed an aux. electric fan in front of the radiator and the tractor still overheats. I could sure use some advice if anyone has some. thanks !!!

Dave
08-25-2001, 09:09 PM
did you ever pressurized the system.to see if the head gasket was leaking

John DiMartino
08-26-2001, 07:20 AM
Have you ever cleaned the fins on the radiator with a pressure washer?the grass willl build up between the fins,and you cant see it,unless you hold a flashlight behind the radiaitor,and look thru the front,if its plugged you'll see lots of spots where the light wont shine thru it.Be gentle around the fins,but clean all that junk out,it takes me 15 minutes once a year to get it all out.The other thing is,how old is it?if the cooling system hasnt been kept up,scale ,and corrosion will build up around the cooling tubes in the radaitor tanks,you may need to have it professionally cleaned at a radiatior shop,or replace /recore it altogether if its in questional shape.The last thing Id check is the accuracy of your temp guage,put mechanical guage on it to be sure it is overheating

southside
08-27-2001, 09:39 AM
I would do both things. First blow out the fins.Compressed air
would be gentler on the fins. If that doesn't work then do a pressure test. Also,try cheecking the thermostat if you haven't already tried that. Hope that helps.

:blob3:

Kevin M.
09-15-2001, 08:32 PM
Use a water hose to wash out the radiator once a day I do this with all my equipment from our Case wheel loaders all the way down to our mini-case excavators -- havent had one problem with the machines overheating and we work in some very dusty conditions

ravensrule
06-08-2004, 02:27 PM
I have a Kubota bx2300 that has been overheating so I came to this site for help. My engine has a screen that lifts out in front of the radiator. I have been keeping this clean, but still overheating. I looked inside and grass was caked on the radiator itself between the removable screen and the radiator (which is behind the battery). It is only 1/2 an inch between the screen and radiator and I would never had imagined grass could get in there. But it did. Thanks to all the posts