PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Fas Trak vs. Cub Cadet Enforcer

wormrancher
06-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Looking for some advice here. Want to buy a heavy duty mower for 3 to 4 acre yard and need to stay under $5K. Been doing a little research and have narrowed it down to these two models mainly based on price, quality and features. Cub Cadet true commercial mower against well built Hustler residential... Which mower do you suggest for dependibility and cut?

Cub Cadet Enforcer
11 gauge 54" deck
23 HP Kawasaki
twin 5 gallon tanks
suspension seat
built in rollers for striping
pivoting front axle w/20" rear tires
Commercial Grade (672 lbs.)
$4700.00

or

Hustler Fas Trak
11 gauge 54" deck
21 HP Kawaski with Optional Honda
suspension seat
Twin 5 gallon tanks
No striping kit
solid front axle with 18" rear tires
Residential rated at 815 lbs.
extra blades, filter and hour meter
$4800.00

How important will a pivoting front axle be? Relatively flat yard with some bumps and ditch line. Also, is a Honda motor (20 hp) worth the extra $70 over the Kawasaki?

Many thanks...

Rob.C
06-26-2007, 03:00 AM
hustler all the way, I love hustler, there customer service is second to none.:weightlifter:

Jeepster
06-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I think the hustler has better pumps?

dbear
06-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I think the hustler has better pumps?

Literature on website says they both run Hydro Gear IZT 2800s.

Between these two I'd go with the Cub for:

(1) More ponies - 23 vs 21
(2) Larger drive tires usually equals better ride
(3) Next to no Hustler dealer network in my area

Another thing that did not impress me on the Hustler, but I did not have both machines sitting side-by-side to confirm, it has a relatively small discharge opening for the size deck. I think the Husqvarna EZ5424, now EZ5426, has a larger discharge. Come to think about it though, this was the 52" model, so I'm not sure if about the 54"er.

nmurph
06-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Hustler-------4 yr bumper to bumper warranty, lifetime frame and leading edge, factory support, PJ............

nmurph
06-26-2007, 10:38 AM
just re-read the initial post, since you are doing commercial work your warranty is-

Hustler - 1 year warranty-------hey, you've still got PJ, the best in the business.

what about dealer support and a demo?

wormrancher
06-26-2007, 10:44 AM
This mower will be for my residence only. 4 year warrantly should be applicable. Thanks for the input.

I see that Hustler offers flex forks for their mowers. Anyone try these? Also, what about a mulch kit? Is that the second best alternative to bagging?

Rob.C
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I mainly use the mulch kit in fall, In use a power chute fully open in wide open areas and close it around walk ways and mulch beds. The flex forks are great.:weightlifter:

nmurph
06-26-2007, 12:26 PM
sorry, read then re-read. i guess i had the info correct the first time. so, back to warranties, the hustler definitely has the cc beat. i have the MFT and will likely trade up to a FT. i am currently cutting 2 ac in 1 hour with a 17/42 MFT.
there have been some complaints about the flex fork, but think overall they are welll liked. do a search and read some post.

wormrancher
06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Looks like some people love the forks and others can't wait to get rid of them. I may give them a try if I go with a Hustler.

Anyone have opinions on the Kawasaki vs. Honda engines for the FasTrak?

GreenT
06-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Looks like some people love the forks and others can't wait to get rid of them. I may give them a try if I go with a Hustler.

Anyone have opinions on the Kawasaki vs. Honda engines for the FasTrak?

I have a Fastrak 54/21 and never heard of any complaints regarding the flex forks. Mine work great.
Re engine choice, I would recommend the Kawi.

Rob.C
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
kawasaki, hondas are great motors for aeators, spray systems, but when it comes to commercial size motors, I have had issues with them.