PDA

View Full Version : emark bagger

Gaturf
06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Occasionally i have to use my emark 36"WB with a bagger attachment. i have the white cloth version. I used it a few times last season then i took it off until about a week ago. Now i remember why i took it off last year and never put it back on. It blows grass right in your face! Ive tried tape to seal the edges but it usually comes off with in a few minutes. Now its not bad if the grass is thick and green but here in Ga we are having one of the worse drought in 50 years, so not everything is thick and green. my point to this post is if anyone knows how to stop the grass from blowing in my face id love to know how. any tricks of the trade? the grass is blowing from every nook and cranny. thanks

ga turf

Gaturf
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
nobody has any tricks? or maybe there is no fix for the problem?

metro36
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Sorry but I can help you with that. Maybe you should get a metal or aluminum catcher. They only blow out a little dust.

M&SLawnCare
06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I use a steel catcher on my 36 exmark and don't have any problems. Also carrying that thing around and dumping it when its loaded will defiantly get you into better shape.... or give you a hernia. One or the other lol.

Allens LawnCare
06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
My 36 does the same thing....the air has to go some where....steel catchers let the air flow freely, the bag vents around the edges of the steel bracket....Buy a mask or just deal with it

Gaturf
06-27-2007, 10:09 AM
maybe ill go buy a metal catcher. any recommendations on which one?

thanks
mike

Jay Ray
06-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Accelerator aluminum bagger. It costs more. It is worth it. I bought the bag and the leaf extender a couple years ago and am very happy with it. Accelerator has a red sponsor icon on the right side of you screen.

M&SLawnCare
06-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I have the steel catcher from http://www.rackemmfg.com/grass.shtml. I like it, but as i said it weighs a ton. Whatever brand you get, defiantly pay the extra for aluminum. Not only will it save you back, but wont affect the handling as much on the mower.

Supper Grassy
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
i use a Rackem on my 36" Snapper

Runner
06-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Here is what a few people I know have done in the past. Plastic and or duct tape covers the top side of the bagger on the inside. Foam insulation tape stuck to the inside edge of the steel plate keeps chaff from blowing out the top side.

Tadams
06-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Gaturf, I switched from bagging with an UV on the lazer and the side bagger for the 48" TTHP and went to mulching everthing. It is a little dusty when the grass is real thin. Everything else it does great at. Bermuda, fescue, centipede, weeds- no problem. Some tall stuff you may have to cut a few places twice. Other than that, I can't see myself going back to discharging or bagging. Just my 2 cents, though.

Roger
06-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I have both a steel catcher (Gobbler), and a cloth bagger for my 36" Exmark. I use them both, the cloth bagger when I know I will have many bags, the Gobbler other times. The Gobbler is quicker with the on/off, not having to fiddle with the backing plate. But, the Gobbler is heavier and is more difficult to throw over the side of the trailer to dump. The cloth bagger will fill better in most conditions. I put a 1X4 board plate along the inside front to minimize the debris setting up right at the inlet to the bagger.

Both will throw out some debris. I guess I'm always pleased when I see some debris getting thrown out along the edges -- less debris in the bagger to dump at a later time. The only time I have a problem is in the Fall with dusty leaves. Both will throw dust, the Gobbler moreso because of all the holes.

I took the Gobbler by mistake this morning -- one job had 16 Gobblers, another had nine (each property had about 15K sq ft to mow in that area). I would like to have been using the cloth bagger.

Gaturf
06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
thanks for all the input. i looked at a few different baggers and they cost way more than i want to spend. I have a great bagging mower (walker) for 98% of my work. i only use the exmark occasionally, so i cant justify buying another bagger. maybe ill find a used one on ebay or craigslist. but until then ill just wear a mask. thanks again

gaturf