PDA

View Full Version : craftsman mower ??

backtobasicslawncare
06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
i have craftsman that is somewhat junk. what cause the engine not to run. the engines will not turn over and startup.

thanks for help.
michael

BQLC
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
You may need to give a bit more info, there are alot of things that could be wrong with it.

backtobasicslawncare
06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
i go to start it up and turn the key the engine will just not start. it has gas and oil in there.

All_Toro_4ME
06-26-2007, 11:57 AM
You might check your fuses. I had the same problem that you are describing with my Craftsman 22hp 42" and thought it was the battery, but it turned out to be a fuse. About a $2.00 fix. Hope this helps.

backtobasicslawncare
06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
i checked my fuse. its the only mowers i use right now to cut grass with it has the good blades on them. i still love my troy-bilt mower. i just need to get it running again.

thanks (All_Toro_4ME)

DuraCutter
06-27-2007, 12:25 AM
i checked my fuse. its the only mowers i use right now to cut grass with it has the good blades on them. i still love my troy-bilt mower. i just need to get it running again.

thanks (All_Toro_4ME)

If it's that important, take it to a repair shop.

If you can't afford one, either you are not charging enough or you are new.

If you are new, go talk to some repair shops, sometimes if you become friends and help them out when they need help, they'll turn around and fix your machine. Hell, you might even learn a thing or two about repairing when hanging around there.

:)

MeadowsLawnCare
06-27-2007, 02:23 AM
Check to see if it has fire, if it does, your carb might need rebuilt. If it doesnt you might need a new plug or set of points.

bohiaa
06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
take it to the shop and be done with it

stuffdeer
06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I agree. If you can't tell us enough about it here, how can we help you.

echeandia
06-27-2007, 07:30 PM
You say it won't turn over. So it is most likely the starting system. Look at the battery, starter, and ignition.

Jay Ray
06-27-2007, 07:47 PM
There are safety lockout switches on the blades engage if it has a manual lever, and also one on the clutch if it is a gear transmission. I had the switch on the foot clutch go bad once and it is like the pedal not being pushed down, it won't do anything. Also check the solenoid.

I don't know where the lockout switches are on the newer hydrostatic lawn tractors, but would guess they have them also.

AlleganyLawnCare
06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I actually have a problem with one of my craftsman tractors. At first, I thought it was an electrical thing, I changed the battery, the solenoid/starter. But that didn't work. I was told to rotate the cyclinder drum so that I could at least get one of the cylinders in the correct positiont fo fire. It would work most of the times. But the problem seemed to get worse. So I had the engine completely torn down. No one could find anything wrong. Then finally, one of the mechanics working on it came across a guy (John Deere actually) and told him about it. The JD guy knew exactly what the problem was. On the cam shaft there is a small part that no one seems to know what it does exactly. The JD guy said that a lot of craftsman motors (with B&S engines) are having the exact same problem. This could be your problem as well. I hope this helps.
Chris

elrojo63
07-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Does the engine crank? That will determine if it's electrical or mechanical. WE need more info to help you.

backtobasicslawncare
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
i checked the fuse and the battery. the engines doesnt crank it make some noise. i checked all the wires.

hess
07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
It's a crapmans