PDA

View Full Version : When it rains to much...

jsprouse
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
What do you guys do when it rains for a week straight? Especially if you have employees.

Also, what are some things I can do during the offseason in the winter time to keep the cash flow moving? Just starting off all I am going to be doing is mowing, trimming, edging & blowing...

txgrassguy
06-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I have eleven employees so we catch up on equipment maintenance, bldg maintenance, landscape projects that have been on the back burner.
Once we are caught up the employees know they are off the clock.
I have never gone a full week of rain and right now I have easily two weeks of tree trimming so the guys know they will come out alright.

Loyds Lawn Service
06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
It's raining in Oklahoma again and i keep getting further behind. Does anyone cut between storms just to get caught up ?

cod8825
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Cut between storms:laugh: We cut at the start of the storm during the storm and at the end of the storm we only stop cutting for lightning, hail and the occassional tornados. Usually we just use are blowers and steer the tornado in a different direction.

Kidding just kidding.

razor1
06-26-2007, 01:42 PM
We haven't seen much rain lately, so to much would be a good thing right about now.

What do you guys do when it rains for a week straight? jsprouse
Make it up when you can or get it the next week.

Also, what are some things I can do during the offseason in the winter time to keep the cash flow moving? jsprouse
Does it ever snow there?

stumpjumper
06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Ive been cutting anything I could get on every chance I get. Till the weather changes I can't pay any attention to routes. Some I've push mowed and have even cut a couple of small ones with a trimmer. I've managed to stay fairly caught up but it's been pure h*ll. We have gotten almost 4 inches so far this morning and the rest of the week looks like a total washout. I swore during last years drought that I would never gripe about too much rain ever again so I won't.:cry:

jsprouse
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
It snows here maybe once every 5 years...

bohiaa
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
hay Js:

I'm in Bellville Tx, west of Houston and it has rained here everyday off and on now for 5 days. with more in the forcast. I feel your pain buddy.

I went out today and made a mess of a NEW customers yard, and only 1/2 finished. So I guess I'm just gonna stay in and read post all week.

Good luck