PDA

View Full Version : landscape lighting stuff

Mike M
06-26-2007, 06:34 PM
quick, check out my new logo before it gets moved to another forum...

klkanders
06-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Only thing missin is you on a hamock under the palm sippin a drink with a little umbrella in it. Other than that it looks ok.

High Performance Lighting
06-26-2007, 09:07 PM
quick, check out my new logo before it gets moved to another forum...

just playing devil's advocate -How does the logo relate to landscape lighting?

Mike M
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Regionally, Hilton Head is known as "the island." There are also thousands of islands in the county, and the region is known as the sea islands.

I just thought lightscapes would be more simple than landscape lighting, but should I change it to Island Landscape Lighting?

David Gretzmier
06-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Dang mike g., can't you see it? there a...hump, and that's, ...an island, and then those stars, see, thats, dark, like and theres a ...a...soft light kinda on the hump and that's the...light ! wait, I see the light going up the palm tree ! that's an effect- we uplight ! see, it's obvious !

kidding aside, it does look pretty slick. it kind of reminds me of a lawn service here that has a fairy as their logo. everybody remembers it, yet I have only seen two, maybe 3 fairies while doing lawn care for the past 25 years.

High Performance Lighting
06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Regionally, Hilton Head is known as "the island." There are also thousands of islands in the county, and the region is known as the sea islands.

I just thought lightscapes would be more simple than landscape lighting, but should I change it to Island Landscape Lighting?

I, er ...I mean the devil, was referring to the image and not some much the verbiage or moniker "Lightscapes" or "Landscape Lighting" per se.

Pro-Scapes
06-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Just think... you could open up a local watering hole with the same logo.... I guess im not one to talk. My logo doesnt really have much to do with lighting altho it has a kinda artistic splash to it.

Lite4
06-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Looks good Mike, it's simple and clean. Easily reproducible for vinyl or screenprint on shirts.

Mike M
06-27-2007, 07:43 AM
it kind of reminds me of a lawn service here that has a fairy as their logo.

Fairy?? Is it too feminine? I could add an alligator with a bottle of tequila peeing behind the tree...

Billy, I like your logo because of the creative touch and quality emphasis. I think photo's to accompany our logo's are essential, too, such as in Chris's truck wrap, and everyone's websites. Which brings me back to needing a new camera.

I guess the main thing is something simple and memorable, and reproducible. The palm trees are a big seller down here, since most residents are northeast transplants and they want to surround themselves with the "palms" lifestyle.

NiteTymeIlluminations
06-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I like it...It made me think that maybe Jimmy Buffett should release a lighting line...gears clicking

Pro-Scapes
06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
one thing I have noticed... When I named my company with the outdoor lighting people seemed to associate that with parking lots and commercial spot lights. I deffinatly need to reletter my truck with "low voltage arcitechtual and landscape lighting"

NiteTymeIlluminations
06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
I love firefly's logo though for sure...that is very cool!!!

Turf Troll
06-27-2007, 05:39 PM
reletter my truck with "low voltage arcitechtual and landscape lighting"

Thats a lot including your phone #, company name, etc. I guess it depends how big you get it made.

Vans seem inexpensive and they have so much room on the sides I am thinking about getting one over the winter and have some graphics put on it, from what I understand wraps/graphics cost what I would pay almost as much for that as I would a van 3 to 4 K. And with a van I could put a ladder rack on top which isn't easy with one of my trucks.

Mike M
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I was thinking a van, too, kinda sad. Let's make it even worse and get big station wagons. That'll suck the fun right out of life itself.

:gmctruck:

Lite4
06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks NiteTyme, Yours is excellent as well. It definitly shows what your emphasis is. I just purchased a 6 x 10 black, enclosed cargo trailer. It cost around 2,800 with the ladder rack. I am going to have it wrapped in a vinyl photo similar to what Chris did with his truck. The vinyl for the 2 sides and the back cost me about 1,400.

klkanders
06-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Here is mine. Depending on what I'm putting it on the colors are changed accordingly.

David Gretzmier
06-28-2007, 12:52 AM
klkanders- like it- go forth and prosper...:usflag: