PDA

View Full Version : i think its dead grass..not sure

J & M Lawn Care
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
one of my customers have been putting me off and off, so finally i drove by there, and her whole front yard is like brown,lol. how can i come about getting her grass back green and healthy, so i can continue mowing, cause i am not making any money off her yard right now,lol. i have only cut her yard 3 times. i really dont know if she waters it or not, but when i did drive by there was a sprinkler out there then. os any good advice..........

dKoester
06-26-2007, 07:27 PM
If I ever see any of the lawns we service show sign of drought stress I put one of my guys on water duty while the others finish cutting. Thats why we are still green and purty. This little technique will keep your customers happy. Get their permission first though and if they don't want to cooperate i'd give them the boot. We don't keep customers that don't fit our business model.

1MajorTom
06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
what does water duty consist of?

jpp
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
If I ever see any of the lawns we service show sign of drought stress I put one of my guys on water duty while the others finish cutting. Thats why we are still green and purty. This little technique will keep your customers happy. Get their permission first though and if they don't want to cooperate i'd give them the boot. We don't keep customers that don't fit our business model.

Are you serious? If they don't water you get rid of them? Shoot if I did that I would only have a third of what I have now.

JP

jpp
06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
one of my customers have been putting me off and off, so finally i drove by there, and her whole front yard is like brown,lol. how can i come about getting her grass back green and healthy, so i can continue mowing, cause i am not making any money off her yard right now,lol. i have only cut her yard 3 times. i really dont know if she waters it or not, but when i did drive by there was a sprinkler out there then. os any good advice..........

The yard needs plenty of water. Just get a information sheet together about stress of the heat and lack of water will put a yard into dormacy. I am in the middle of getting something together for my customers. Have not needed one before so never did one. Once it starts to rain it will green back up. Stay off the yard until it starts doing so.

JP

dKoester
06-26-2007, 11:39 PM
You all can have your lawns look like crap but not any of ours. I carry various sprinklers to take care of certain areas. If I didn't care my company would not be called Extremely Green Inc. One of my clients off of sleepy hole road by the Golf Course pays us 70 dollars to cut her 1/4 acre property(every 5 days). And as far as am I serious yes I am. I don't want to cut any crappy yards. We are a high end company Serving Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, P town and Suffolk.

MeadowsLawnCare
06-27-2007, 01:21 AM
I still have brown spots in my yard and i water frequently. Put down fert too. Its because i have sandy soil and the water goes right down past the roots. Finally starting to get it to green back up on the spots.

dKoester
06-27-2007, 01:28 AM
One thing you can do that will help over time is to topdress the lawn with topsoil every year. This should help.

MeadowsLawnCare
06-27-2007, 01:51 AM
One thing you can do that will help over time is to topdress the lawn with topsoil every year. This should help.

In spring before the lawn starts growing?

Stillwater
06-27-2007, 01:56 AM
topdress with compost, no compost? topdress with topsoil mixed with a good amount of peat, if it was my lawn i would not wait I would do it now.

J & M Lawn Care
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
so do i need to just fertilize her yard, or something else to get it back like it should be

jpp
06-28-2007, 07:30 PM
so do i need to just fertilize her yard, or something else to get it back like it should be

I will ask one question, are you licensed or Certified to do this? If not don't do anything. She might have a company already doing it. We just need some rain.jmo.

JP