PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep your hands clean?

fiveoboy01
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm talking about between jobs, I hate getting my steering wheel and interior all sweaty and dirty.

I've been using some zep cleanem's towels, but they leave a kind of greasy residue. I'd like to find something that evaporates quickly. I was thinking alcohol wipes but they're pretty small.

Do you guys use anything to wipe your hands?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
We wear leather gloves for sun protection and control and keeps grease away.

IN2MOWN
06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Youre in the wrong business if you want clean hands.

grasswhacker
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I have a steering wheel cover and a seat cover to keep the majority of the dirt from ruining the interior. I used to wear lamb skin gloves, but they were too expensive to justify continuing to buy them.

David C.
06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
GoJo!!! A little dab 'ul do ya!!!!

RutledgeLawnCare,NC
06-26-2007, 09:25 PM
the way to keep your hands clean from mowing and trimming is when you go to eat lunch order your food and then eat.....after the burger and frie grease soaks into your hands it mixes with the remaining chlorophyle from grass residue on your hands. the uv rays will then "eat up" the dirt using photosynthisys then the leather gloves, as mentioned, will rub off any dirt on your hands. without the use of any soap, water, or cleanser wipe......or something, thanks bye the way im joking

fiveoboy01
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Youre in the wrong business if you want clean hands.

Gee thanks einstein:dizzy:

Excuse me if I don't want to ruin the interior of my truck...

mdlwn1
06-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Buy a real work truck and make sure you get the self cleaning steering wheel option. Just kidding...3 mexicans and a white guy in a cab forward in 95 degree/93% humidity......we leave orange peels on the floor for air freshener.

IN2MOWN
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Gee thanks einstein:dizzy:

Excuse me if I don't want to ruin the interior of my truck...

No problem champ. Maybe get some nice gloves to match your skirt and purse.

RutledgeLawnCare,NC
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
lol...sorry. i have a new truck too and i want too keep it very clean too. i use a hot soapy rag on streering wheele when i wash it. that seems to do the trick.....thanks

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Try wearing batting gloves. Sounds dumb... but they are way more comfortable than anything else.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM

That will draw to much attention,:laugh: Just kiddin get some seat covers and steering wheel cover. Dip your hands in the water jug then dry them off on your shirt.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
A work truck is just that, for work. No offense but you sound like a puss. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything if I'm not dirty at the end of the day.

mdlwn1
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
clean truck= you've really made it or you never will

IN2MOWN
06-26-2007, 10:15 PM
On a serious note. Trying using those long rubber tubes that are attached to pipes that come out of the side of peoples house. I believe they are known as "hoses". I've seen some of them that contain water that can be used to clean off hands.

fiveoboy01
06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Let me clarify...

I don't care about getting myself dirty. I would like to keep my truck in nice shape. It's a work truck, yes, but why wreck it if I can help it?

Keep the ad hominem attacks coming, they are simply amusing...

MuleCutter
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
on a more serious note.... i use Goop wipes. they clean everything and the solvent in them evaporates quickly. they also have an orange scent to them.

IN2MOWN
06-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Let me clarify...

I don't care about getting myself dirty. I would like to keep my truck in nice shape. It's a work truck, yes, but why wreck it if I can help it?

Keep the ad hominem attacks coming, they are simply amusing...

Interesting, one would assume that if YOUR hands were clean then your steering wheel would be clean. Novel concept huh?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Once in a while I'll take some purple magic and spray it on my door panel and steering wheel and it cleans them like new. I try to keep the trash picked up but there's grass on the floor but I don't care. Try to keep the outside looking professional since it has my name on it. My truck is 10 yrs old and has over 150,000 miles and I still take care of it b/c it's mine but I see others w/ a '06 and 30,000 miles that looks like ****. I understand 100% about the wanting to take car of your truck, maybe you should have used a different title for your thread though.

HOOLIE
06-26-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't worry about my hands unless I got oil or grease on them for some reason. I keep some liquid hand cleaner (the type you don't have to rinse off) and a roll of paper shop towels for such occasions.

Otherwise I just clean the truck itself every so often.

fiveoboy01
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
on a more serious note.... i use Goop wipes. they clean everything and the solvent in them evaporates quickly. they also have an orange scent to them.

Thanks, I'll try those.

Frosty03
06-27-2007, 04:42 AM

Now that is funny.... :laugh:

A truck is a tool and there is no way I can wash my hands after every job. I use a towel to wipe the sweat off my face and head when I get in the truck. Since my truck is one of my tools, it is made to use and I use it. When it gets dirty, I clean it.

Wipe off the steeing wheel at the end of the day with a damp rag.

That would be like going fishing and not wanting your boat to get wet.

ke5hbd
06-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Well here we go with my answer of what I use to clean my hands and face and I'm sure the laughs are going to start buts thats OK.

Unscented baby wipes. You can buy them cheap and clean very well.

Heres how I found out how to use them.

Was blowing out a carburetor and got gas on my face and edge of eyes as I was wearing my safety glasses and my wife had just returned home with the kids and saw what had happened and out came the baby wipes and she wiped the gas off my face with them.

I always keep them in my truck.

kpyoung
06-27-2007, 08:54 AM
I have a dish-rag size towel that I ALWAYS have hanging out of my back pocket that I use to wipe my face, arms, legs and hands with. I usually have to change out to a clean, dry one during the day.

TXNSLighting
06-27-2007, 08:56 AM
i was just like you the first year i had my truck, but the more ive realized, it is just going to get dirty. but it always cleans up. theres is a nice thick layer of dirt on my dash board and pretty much everything else. but i wash it on most saturdays, throw some armoral on it and it looks like new. trust me you cant worry about it to much, cuz in this business its going to happen.

wildweasel7648
07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Good set of leather gloves and a couple of old towels on the back and bottom of the seat work for me!:p

martinfan06
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks, I'll try those.

Maybe steering wheel cover? gets dirty and not the wheel it self, to dirty throw away get new one. If I had a new truck I also would try to keep everything covered including seats, floor boards ect.

BQLC
07-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Use a Steering wheel cover ( the cheap ones ) It is what i use in my work truck. You can replace them as needed.
I understand what you are talking about with a nasty steering wheel and why should it be nasty where is it written that because it is a work truck it has to be nasty?
The covers work

avjohnson
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
If it's a durable steering wheel I don't see how it could get ruined unless it was with paint or something. My 2001 Ford has been thru WW111 and still looks like new.

Runner
07-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Nothing can touch a good bottle of dawn dishwashing liquid for this type of purpose. I always have one on the trailer. I have an igloo cooler full of water, and just wash my hands occasionally. I wet my hands, the a few drops of Dawn. I take my time washing, then turn the water back on to rinse. It is not uncommon for me to rinse my face and/or rinse my towel out (like kpyoung, I carry a towel also...I just carry mine on my collar many times, though. It is sooo refreshing to wipe off once in a while.

ADMIREDLAWNS
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I have a pretty nice truck that I use not only for lawns but I made it so I could clean it up at the end of the day and me and my wife can pull up to vallet feeling classy. I bought some nice seat covers, steering wheel cover, after taking them off and wiping the inside with armoral and 2 seconds of the shop vac and it looks brand new again.

sheshovel
07-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Babywipes.............yeah Im'a baby.